can't send emails

Roger said:
Changed the ports and have "verified" the email. Still get

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Sam Hobbs said:
If there is no recipient, then Windows Mail will complain that the
message
cannot be sent. It won't even try. So the AV problem is the likely one.

slk759 said:
"The rejected e-mail address was '<Unknown>'."

Did you address it? Also, you could be having interference from your
antivirus program - but I think we need to clarify addressing the email
first . . . . .

Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine.
Yesterday
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and
read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '<Unknown>'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.5.0 <> missing or malformed local part
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I can still send and receive e-mails, but I cannot get rid of this
error
message- every time I try and sync my mail, it comes up and I cannot
delete
it. Driving me crazy- any suggestions?

:

Port 25 is not recommended for that mail server. Change it to port
465
with SSL. The correct settings are documented here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might
not
be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help
solving
this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail",
and
read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need
help determining the proper server settings, please contact your
e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'.
Subject
'6666', Account: 'Ameche', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP,
Server Response: '553 From address not verified - see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html',
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number:
0x800CCC78

.

.

orangecami

slk759 said:
"The rejected e-mail address was '<Unknown>'."

Did you address it? Also, you could be having interference from your
antivirus program - but I think we need to clarify addressing the email
first . . . . .

Here is my problem. Finally got Windows Live Mail to work fine. Yesterday
sent out one e-mail and got the following error message:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and
read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail
service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '<Unknown>'.

Subject 'Fw:Turbo Tax- Instant $10 Savings - One Week Only!'
[...]

hey guys..when I try to send a message first it appears an error box saying
that one or more messages in my outbox do not have a valid account
specified. would u like to use ur default account to send these
messages?..and than I click yes and than I get the wind security box which
requires the user name and password, I put them in but the box reappears
again and again! then I go to to tools-accounts-servers and I uncheck the box
with the authentication box, try to send the message again and than I get
this error message:

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'application', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender
address rejected: Access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
554, Error Number: 0x800CCC78
Plz HELP!..I just dont get it..tried everything, nothing works!

Gary VanderMolen

I explained this to you once before. AOL will not allow you to use
their SMTP server if the From address is from a domain other
than AOL.com.
Why aren't you using Yahoo's SMTP server?