Can't send email

MMA Gospel

I am setting up my email account and I can't get it to work. Here is the
error I am receiving

inactivity. Subject 'Re: Fighters.com Update', Account:
'secure.emailsrvr.com', Server: 'secure.emailsrvr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

This is for a home business so the quicker I get help the better.

Thanks in advance

MMA Gospel

I am using AVG Anti-virus and Windows Defender.

I changed to the SSL and get this error now

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'secure.emailsrvr.com', Server: 'secure.emailsrvr.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address
rejected: Access denied', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 554,
Error Number: 0x800CCC79

MMA Gospel

this is now what I am getting

inactivity. Subject 'Re: Fighters.com Update', Account:
'secure.emailsrvr.com', Server: 'secure.emailsrvr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no
additional protection, it may be causing the problem, and even Symantec says
it's not necessary:

<QP>
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
</QP>
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002111812533106

MMA Gospel

I shut down AVG totally and get the this:

inactivity. Subject 'Re: Fighters.com Update', Account:
'secure.emailsrvr.com', Server: 'secure.emailsrvr.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

t-4-2

The following might be relevant to you. Special note : smtp port is 587
Setting Up Email
View instructions for our old email system.

Quick Instructions for upgrading from our old email system
There are 3 changes you'll want to make to your email client when moving
from our old email system to the new email system. Before you make any
changes, though, first check your email from the old system to get any
remaining messages.

1.Change the incoming mail server to pop.emailsrvr.com
2.Change the outgoing mail server to smtp.emailsrvr.com
3.Change the outgoing mail server port number to 587
Scroll down below to get specific information to different email clients.
The instructions are geared towards setting up a new email account, but they
can still be used to guide you through the changes you need to make to your
existing email account. If you need more help please call us at
207-778-6798.

Here is the link if you want to get there :
http://www.northwindmedia.com/hosting/email-setup/clients

t-4-2

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Don't "shut down AVG," just disable email scanning.

Better yet, uninstall AVG Free v8.5, reboot, and do a clean install of AVG
v9.0...but this time select a CUSTOM install and do NOT install Linkscanner,
Search-Shield, Active Surf-Shield, Security toolbar (especially if you're
running IE7 or IE8) or any of the email scanning components.

PS: Has Outgoing (SMTP) port 465 ever worked?

Gary VanderMolen

The reason you got that error is because the recipient (e-mail address removed)
does not exist. Send a test message to yourself.

Gary VanderMolen

As I told you before, use of port 465 requires the SSL option to be enabled.
Your error message shows that the SSL option is off.

Gary VanderMolen

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"mokey" wrote in message
I am having a similiar problem...I am not able to reply or forward email. I
am able to send new AND it works from my junk email.
I just recently moved and just transfer my account from one physical address
to another. I did not have this problem before the move. This is my error
code..

inactivity. Subject 'Fw: testing', Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server:
'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F
I change ports abled and disabled SSL
Nothing is working!
My internet providerclaims this is a microsoft issue.
Thanks for any help!