Can't Send and Receive

DS

Error Message
inactivity. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com (2)', Server:
'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

?Any Ideas?

Gary VanderMolen

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"DS" wrote in message
Error Message
inactivity. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com (2)', Server:
'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

?Any Ideas?

DS

Gary, thanks, I originally tried disabling email scanning. That didn't work.
I just tried uninstalling the entire antivirus program. Restarted,
re-established my email account. No change still. I am getting the same
error.

Gary VanderMolen

It would have been helpful had you told us which antivirus program it is.
Some need a special debris removal utility after uninstalling.
Also, did you delete the corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail,
then recreate the account? Restarting before recreating is important because
Windows Mail delays some housecleaning chores until you close the program.