cant run more than 1 internet explorer

greenhornetuk

When i try to open a new instance of internet explorer 6
it sends my 1st instance back to the homepage and wont
give me a 2nd one, how can i correct this? or even when i
click on a link that would normally take me to another
window, the other window wont open but just loads in the
1 window i have.

Yes i am using a program that is stopping popups and ads