Can't repair windows 2000

Reaction score
Windows 2000 operating system.

One of my computer user got blue screen with 0x0000007B (inaccessible boot device.).

We have lot of program installed in that computer that we don’t want to loose. I can re-install all the program but I don’t have most of the software anymore. I tried to repair windows 2000 but I don’t get repair option. I think it is too corrupt that is why I am not getting repair option.

Is there any way I can repair this system without loosing anything?

Things that I tried:

• Boot from win2k cd and ran chkdsk command. Chkdsk /p/r gives tells me that one or more error on volume. It doesn’t give me what error.
  • Ghost hard disk to another hard disk and try to boot the new one same error.
  • try to rename files on system32/config. Such as rename system to system.sav and system.sav to system.
Is there anyone who knows any other steps? Please help me out

thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's one of two things, maybe both ...

Your HD is going bad
or
The HD drivers are corrupted

user.gif

Reaction score
Did everything

Thanks guys for the answer. I didn't get to response right away. soory for that. Yeh i tried to google everything. and did every poosible step to get my hard drive to work.
I know for sure that hard drive in not bad.
I can guess that there is some problem in software side.

Ask a Question