can't remove icon from control panel!!

G

hello good americans,

I have windows XP (home) and I have already uninstalled a program called "WildTangent", but the icon is still on the control panel and it won't let you delete it, only two options it lets you choose when you right-click it: open and prop. Any help on how to remove this icon would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Shauny

R

R. McCarty

Tweak-UI has a category Control Panel, that allows you to
hide any particular .CPL
-or-
You can just use Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32
and delete the .CPL module you don't wish to appear.

P

Pavel A.

Control panel is kind of read-only view, you can't delete anything there.
Instead, you need to delete the corresponding .cpl file.
The best and safest way to remove it is download TweakUI for XP,
and use it to hide the cpl icon.
--PA

shauny said:
hello good americans,

I have windows XP (home) and I have already uninstalled a program called "WildTangent", but the icon is still on the control
panel and it won't let you delete it, only two options it lets you choose when you right-click it: open and prop. Any help on
how to remove this icon would be appreciated.

T

t.cruise

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/wildtangent/index.phtml

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

shauny said:
hello good americans,

I have windows XP (home) and I have already uninstalled a program called "WildTangent",
but the icon is still on the control panel and it won't let you delete it, only two
options it lets you choose when you right-click it: open and prop. Any help on how to
remove this icon would be appreciated.

G

thanks guys..I deleted it by deleting the file in the system 32 folder.

Much appreciated

A

Alex Nichol

shauny said:
I have windows XP (home) and I have already uninstalled a program called "WildTangent", but the icon is still on the control panel and it won't let you delete it, only two options it lets you choose when you right-click it: open and prop. Any help on how to remove this icon would be appreciated.

Look in Windows\system32 for files with .cpl extension. Identify the
one concerned (you can d-click them direct to check on what they are)
and delete it

G

Sorry, I don't know the solution for your situation, but I have a related one. When I installed the MS Messenger icon on the desktop, I clicked it, and it became large - to cover almost the entire screen. Now I can't remove it. Thanks for help.
Lorr

Ask a Question