Can't received e-mails

Moose

I suddenly can download new messages. I get the following error message:

Header download for the 'Deleted Items' folder did not complete. Your server
has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include
server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account:
'imap.telus.net', Server: 'imap.telus.net', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response:
'', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Can someone help please.

Thanks, Val

Gary VanderMolen

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Moose" wrote in message
I suddenly can download new messages. I get the following error message:

Header download for the 'Deleted Items' folder did not complete. Your server
has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include
server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account:
'imap.telus.net', Server: 'imap.telus.net', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response:
'', Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Can someone help please.

Thanks, Val

Moose

Hi, Gary,

Yes, "Logon Using Secure Password Authentication" is unchecked. For awhile
I was using Telus "e-protect", but that has now been disabled and I am just
using Microsoft Essentials. However, today the Windows Mail seems to be
working again. Thanks very much, Gary.

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome.
There might be a remnant of your Telus e-protect left behind. Make sure it is
fully uninstalled.