can't receive e-mails

allycat98230

When I try to receive emails I get a security box appear asking
me for my user name and password. I type in the information,
the box disappears only to reappear a few seconds later. An error
message then appears - Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server:
'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR login failed',
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
0x800CCC92. I can send, just not receive

I have checked all the usual settings and everything appears okay.
Under Tools - Servers, I have made sure that "log on using secure
password" is unchecked.

Help me please

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
https://login.comcast.net/login
..
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)