Can't ping a client

G

I have a home network, W2K server, and a few XP pro clients. I have one client that I can't ping from any of the other boxes. It can ping all the other machines. It is running ZoneAlarm, but it still has the problem even with ZoneAlarm shut down. It does not use XP's firewall. It is a member of my AD domain, and in all other respects seems to be participating in the LAN. DHCP and DDNS work, it authenticates and receives security policies, my roaming profile works, etc. It runs Symantec AV, but problem persists even with this shut down. Come on experts, what do you think?

C

Chuck

I have a home network, W2K server, and a few XP pro clients. I have one client that I can't ping from any of the other boxes. It can ping all the other machines. It is running ZoneAlarm, but it still has the problem even with ZoneAlarm shut down. It does not use XP's firewall. It is a member of my AD domain, and in all other respects seems to be participating in the LAN. DHCP and DDNS work, it authenticates and receives security policies, my roaming profile works, etc. It runs Symantec AV, but problem persists even with this shut down. Come on experts, what do you think?

ZoneAlarm is well known for not allowing file sharing when "shutdown". You have
to enable it, then either un install it, or configure it properly, by
identifying the other computers as present in its Local (Trusted) zone.

Cheers,
Chuck
Paranoia comes from experience - and is not necessarily a bad thing.

Ask a Question