can't open D Drive

Sim-Cool

Everytime I try to open the D drive it doesn't open. When I click on th
shortcut it says "The drive or network connection that the shortcu
'Shortcut to CD Drive.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that th
disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and the
try again." When I click on "My Computers" the D drive icon is no
there. Will you please help me

Ghostrider

Sim-Cool said:
Everytime I try to open the D drive it doesn't open. When I click on the
shortcut it says "The drive or network connection that the shortcut
'Shortcut to CD Drive.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the
disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then
try again." When I click on "My Computers" the D drive icon is not
there. Will you please help me?

What is D drive supposed to be? A physical hard drive or a
logical hard drive partition? A cdrom drive? A flash drive?
A mapped drive? What is D drive?

Patrick Keenan

Sim-Cool said:
Everytime I try to open the D drive it doesn't open. When I click on the
shortcut it says "The drive or network connection that the shortcut
'Shortcut to CD Drive.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the
disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then
try again." When I click on "My Computers" the D drive icon is not
there. Will you please help me?

Assuming that the D drive is a CD/DVD drive, restart the system and go into
the BIOS. Check that that drive *is* detected and listed there. If it
isn't, there may be a cabling or drive failure.

HTH
-pk

HI I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SOMETIMES WITH THE CD/DVD DRIVE
BUT OTHER TIMES IT WORKS WHEN WINDOWS START UP DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO
SOLVE IT?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Lose the caps and rephrase the question so that we know exactly what it is
you are asking.
www.coribright.com/Windows

"COMPUTER FREEZES AT WINDOWS STARTUP?"

Sam

When someone uses all caps in post it means that you're shouting at
a person or group. I don't think that was your intention but that's
how people will take it. It's not only considered impolite, it's
hard on the eyes too. (google netiquette)

People in here volunteer their time and experiences to help others;
it's not a requirement. Making distasteful statements not only
turns them away but others too. Then nobody benefits.

If you're willing to drop the insults, then I'll try to help you.
Your post is unclear and that's why you were asked to rephase the
question. A bit more detail would be helpful.

"COMPUTER FREEZES AT WINDOWS STARTUP?"
in message

| there is nothing wrong with caps and if you cant read the
question u are