Can't join a Windows XP client to the domain

Fran

I have a Windows XP client computer named PDR-ART1
When I try to join the computer to the domain 'ARTDEPT' I get an error
message after a delay that the 'Domain does not exist or could not be
contacted.'

The domain DOES exist and I have network connectivity to member
servers, the DC itself and the internet. I checked the primary DNS
server and it is the DC. (This is a Windows 2000 Server AD domain)
Other computers are working fine.

I am logged in to the client as the local administrator. The
authorization dialog box never appears.

What can I check to see why this client workstation will not find the
domain controller? (network IP is all DHCP and I have a valid address
from the DHCP server.)

-Fran-

Robert L [MS-MVP]

you may want to use nslookup and netdiag to check any errors. this page may help too,

domain faqs The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted "The network path was not found" error Unable to logon domain or experience an ...
www.chicagotech.net/domainfaqs.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE