can't get permissions

G

Gordon J. Rattray

Hi there,

I've got a client's crashed hard drive attached to my computer and need to access his Vista Documents and Settings.

I can't get permissions to let me take control nor will it let me take ownership...

What to do?

Thanks,

Gordon

D

Dave

Vista doesn't use the Documents & Settings...
Look under /Users/loginname

Hi there,

I've got a client's crashed hard drive attached to my computer and need to access his Vista Documents and Settings.

I can't get permissions to let me take control nor will it let me take ownership...

What to do?

Thanks,

Gordon

M

Michael Walraven

if you are actually trying to open 'Documents and Settings' and is was a Vista....
There is no folder 'Documents and Settings' which is why you cannot access it. What you are seeing is a 'junction point' which is there for older XP programs that hardwired their structure to that location.

Michael

Hi there,

What to do?

Thanks,

Gordon

G

Gordon J. Rattray

My bad!

Thx,

Gordon
Vista doesn't use the Documents & Settings...
Look under /Users/loginname

Hi there,

What to do?

Thanks,

Gordon

Ask a Question