Can't get DOS window to open to full screen

G

I'm trying to get a DOS program to operate in full screen mode. But, it only opens in a small DOS window - about 1/4 the size of the full screen
I've added the Config.nt and Autoexec.nt files to the DOS program directory. I've tried editing the Properties menu (256-color, 640X480, visual themes) - however, nothing I do opens the program to full screen.
How can I open the DOS program to full screen ?
(This is a very basic text editor - without any special hardware/software needs).

H

Harry Plumtree

I'm trying to get a DOS program to operate in full screen mode. But, it only opens in a small DOS window - about 1/4 the size of the full screen.
I've added the Config.nt and Autoexec.nt files to the DOS program directory. I've tried editing the Properties menu (256-color, 640X480, visual themes) - however, nothing I do opens the program to full screen.
How can I open the DOS program to full screen ?
(This is a very basic text editor - without any special hardware/software needs).

If you create a shortcut on you desktop to command and then right click and
goto properties then click the screen tab you can set it to open in
windows/ full screen.

G

Harry, what you recommend does not work, at least in my experience with XP Home Edition. The DOS app runs in full-screen mode but with a "shrunken" presentation, i.e. screen content compressed in the upper part of the screen. See my post titled "Full Screen Mode with DOS App" earlier in this thread.

U

Unknown

If the window is small it can be stretch somewhat but not to a full monitor
screen.
directory. I've tried editing the Properties menu (256-color, 640X480, visual
themes) - however, nothing I do opens the program to full screen.

R

Rob Schneider

What happens when you press ALT-ENTER when the dos app is the active
window? For me it goes full screen.

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

Ask a Question