Can't find the News command in the Go toolbar

John Strong

According to Outlook Help, if I want to connect to a news
server I should do the following:

Toolbar Options -> Add or Remove Buttons
Customize -> Commands tab.
In the Categories list, click Go.
In the Commands list, click News, and drag it to Go menu.

But I find no "News" option in this Commands list.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
John Strong

John Strong

Version: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606). Our team is beta
testing the next version. I suppose it is possible that
there has been a change (the News command removed?) and
the change is not reflected in the Help documentation yet.
How do you connect to news groups from your version of
Outlook?
I'd suggest starting by posting your Outlook version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
John Strong said:
According to Outlook Help, if I want to connect to a news
server I should do the following:

Toolbar Options -> Add or Remove Buttons
Customize -> Commands tab.
In the Categories list, click Go.
In the Commands list, click News, and drag it to Go menu.

But I find no "News" option in this Commands list.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
John Strong

.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

It did change in Outlook 2003. It is now necessary to select OE rather than
Outlook as the default news program in Control Panel > Internet Options >
Programs.
However, if you are then prompted by OE to make it the default news reader
when you launch it, you must answer no to that question, or else you will
lose the Go > News option again.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]