Can't find drivers

Reaction score
Like the title says I need to update drivers but can not seem to locate them. I used a program called "Driver Updater Pro" to find 1 of the drivers I needed but still need 2 more. Its says I need:

1) Nvidia nForce MCP Audio Processing Unit
Manufacturer: nVidia
Date: 4/13/2005
Version: 6.14.0462.0
and
2) Nvidia nForce PCI System Management
Manufacturer: nVidia
Date: 1/17/2008
Version: 4.6.4

If I try to automatically look for these drivers it does not work. Please help, I've been trying to get this computer to work properly for some time now and anything you guys could do to assist would be amazing.

Now for my specs..

OS: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Processor:
500 megahertz AMD Athlon XP
Board: http://www.abit.com.tw/ NF7-S/NF7,NF7-V (nVidia-nForce2) 2.X,1.0
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 07/06/2004
Maxtor 6Y250P0 [Hard drive] (251.00 GB)

Display:
ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series

Mutlimedia:
NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) MCP Audio Processing Unit
Realtek AC'97 Audio

And I connect to the internet hardwired through a cable connection (Roadrunner here in the states).

Thanks for reading, if you need more info I'll gladly provide it... thanks in advance!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Can you not find all the drivers etc you need at the Abit site ??? Your board is listed there and there is a driver pack for your board running XP.

user.gif

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that =)

Edit: were you talking about the nForce Chipset Driver?
I'm kind of confused, could you possibly link me?

Edit:Edit: Uh oh I tried that and now both audio drivers are out of date instead of just 1 of them.. and now I don't have sound.. haha hmm..

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry if this "driver update pro" says you have out of date drivers (as long as you have the latest from the abit site). If your sound worked I would have just left it as is ;) Someone like Abit might not have the latest drivers for the chipset, although it is the latest release they have for that motherboard.

You should be able to do a system restore and roll back a day :)

Reaction score
Good call on system restore.. but I mean when I had sound with outdated drivers some of my USB ports wouldn't work and it seemed the sound was slightly glitchy.. idk if thats because of drivers or not. blah idk haha. Are there any other places that actually would have updated drivers?

Edit: actually I can't system restore. I got the sound working late last night and there isn't a restore point for then =/ I'm looking for that driver because I know where that one is..

Last edited:
Reaction score
nope =/ didn't work for the mobo drivers.. now I can't find the old audio driver I had to make the sound work! Ah woe is me haha

Reaction score
Ok I found the old sound driver that works and the sound appears to be working fine..
but now I have a new problem when i tried to run Team Fortress 2.
I got horrendous video lag! But my video drivers are all updated! Why would a new sound driver cause such video lag!? Help!

Ask a Question