can't display web pages

anon

I am unable to open some web pages (for example superbookdeals.com and
several others.)

Looking at the status line during connection, the progress bar shows that
'something' is happening, then the status line shows 'done' but the screen
is blank.

What causes this and how do I get the page to display (It DOES display on
another computer)?

I have Norton internet security personal firewall set to on (tried off no
change.)

I have windows security center windows firewall set to on (tried off no
change.)

Do not have zone alarm installed.

Where else is blocking some web sites???

David Candy

Are your security settings in IE set to standard. That url leads to a page that auto refreshes to another location. Auto Refresh (called a meta refresh in the security dialog) can be prevented. There is nothing on that page. It allows the owner to set one of two pages (depending on specials) to appear as if it is the home page.

NEVER employ idiots to program for you. I bet they have copped a lessening of traffic for stupid coding since SP2.

anon

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Are your security settings in IE set to standard.

**
What do you mean by 'standard' (and where is that setting located) - as
noted below I turned off the windows security.
***

That url leads to a page that auto refreshes to another location.

***
When the other computer loaded that pace, there was no 'intermediate'
redirection page - it loaded immediately.

If there is another page, what stopped the correct page from loading?
**

Auto Refresh (called a meta refresh in the security dialog) can be
prevented. There is nothing on that page. It allows the owner to set one of
two pages (depending on specials) to appear as if it is the home page.

NEVER employ idiots to program for you. I bet they have copped a lessening
of traffic for stupid coding since SP2.

***
I do not know what you are talking about - there is no programming involved
in this discussion./problem.

BTW, having programmed for many years (even prior to SP2, I think I can spot
an incompetent.
****

anon

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Web pages aren't programs?

**
Sure they are html programs written be someone for the web page owner - I
have no control over those programs. I thought you meant programs that *I*
was writing.
**

Tools - Internet Options - Security.

**
Was on more secure - changed to less secure - same result (no display.)

Next???
**

David Candy

Why don't you go into detail and see of meta refresh is allowed. Right click the page and choose View Source.

anon

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Web pages aren't programs?

Tools - Internet Options - Security.

**
Was set to 'restricted zone' reset to 'internet zone' - no change, still no
display.
**

anon

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Web pages aren't programs?

Tools - Internet Options - Security.

I'm having a similar problem on a web page...the difference in mine is that
if I click on the Stop button to stop loading it winds up partially loading
the page. I've tried disk cleanup and clearing the temporary internet files
and it didn't help.

Also I forgot to add that sometimes if and when it manages to load the page,
after a few seconds it goes to the "unable to find server" screen.

Anyone have any ideas?...another problem is that if and when it loads the
screen seemingly without a problem; after a few seconds it kicks me back out
prompting me to log into the site again...specifically Myspace.com.