    on the network and shared the printer through the properties menu but for
    some reason my laptop won't detect the printer. Can anyone help?

    Thanks,

    Guest, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Hi there, are both computers part of the same workgroup?
    Peter

    "pistolandrapier" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Peter Sklodowski, Aug 3, 2006

    I don't know, how could i find out, and if not how could i make them part of
    the same workgroup?

    Guest, Aug 4, 2006
  4. Run the Network Setup Wizard.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "pistolandrapier" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 4, 2006
  5. Hi there shootandslash ;-), to ascertain if both computers are part of
    the same workgroup simultaneously press Windows key and Pause/Break key =>
    Computer Name tab, the workgroup will be shown. To change the name of the
    workgroup click on: Change and then you will be able to alter the name.
    I would suggest though that you run the Network Setup Wizard as Cari
    suggested earlier. This will ensure that your network is configured
    correctly.
    Hope this helps,
    Peter

    "pistolandrapier" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Peter Sklodowski, Aug 4, 2006

    I did both those things, ran the wizard and checked the workgroups. Both
    computers are part of the same workgroup. It's still not working though.

    Guest, Aug 9, 2006
  7. And the printer in question is actually shared? With a 'legal' name?

    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_Five.htm
    www.coribright.com/Windows

    "pistolandrapier" <> wrote in
    message news:...