Can't Delete inbox or move

liliskin

I downloaded KB941090 ("84") for my 32 bit Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail
first box: "It already exists do you want to overwrite?" Yes
last box: "this update does not apply..."
1) I still can't delete from inbox and outbox
2) messages in outbox keep being repeatedly sent while staying stuck in
outbox

service provider Comcast says this email account is set up correctly and it
is a Microsoft problem
I called phone# provided by Comcast and was told by polite Microsoft agent
that it is my OEM's problem.
HewlettPackard, my OEM was never helpful except in the instance of
"legitimizing" original installation of Vista after motherboard was replaced
earlier this year

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary VanderMolen

The reason KB941090 says it does not apply is because the same update
was included with SP1. I'm sure you have already installed SP1 and SP2 for Vista.

If the problem continues, try running the various repair functions in
the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil

If still no improvement, upgrade to Windows Live Mail:
http://download.live.com/wlmail
It will automatically import all your WM data.
Another option is the latest Windows Live Mail beta:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)