Can't change Login Icon - Any Ideas?

flashsplat

Hey, i'm kind of the computer Tech at a local truck company and a lady
wanted her login icon to be a picture of her dog.. Normally this would
be a very simple procedure: I went in and changed it but when i logged
out it was still the stupid chess icon. I tried rebooting, changing it
from the admin side... everything.. I know that if i format it that'd
probably fix it (actually i know that'd fix it), but that's alot of
trouble for a freakin' icon. Can anyone think of what might be cuasing
this?

Thanks!
Flashsplat

Larry Gardner

Did you use User Accounts to change the picture ... and it is a .bmp format
correct?
And you placed the picture in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures
folder?

flashsplat

Larry said:
Did you use User Accounts to change the picture ... and it is a .bm
format
correct?
And you placed the picture in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Defaul
Pictures
folder?

"flashsplat" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hey, i'm kind of the computer Tech at a local truck company and
lady
wanted her login icon to be a picture of her dog.. Normally thi
would
be a very simple procedu I went in and changed it but when i logged
out it was still the stupid chess icon. I tried rebooting, changin
it
from the admin side... everything.. I know that if i format it that'd
probably fix it (actually i know that'd fix it), but that's alot of
trouble for a freakin' icon. Can anyone think of what might b
cuasing
this?

Thanks!
Flashsplat

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes, the icon is .bmp.. but here's th
kicker, it won't even take other icons that came with windows.
tried changing it to several different ones and it always reverts bac
to the chess icon. I just can't make any since of it. And like
said, i tried it from both her login, and the administrator login..
neither worked. Any suggestions