Canon Pixma ink cartridges?


E

Eric

I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a
Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the
Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly
un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap
cartridges for Canon printers, but they fit into BJC models, which
don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a
while). However, I also saw both a Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200 for a
really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as
easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, or if third-party ink was
available for such a low price. Judging from the pictures I saw, the
cartridges that fit into the iP2200 (which is, I guess, the model
following the iP2000) didn't seem to be the same at all as those who
fit into the iP2000, which are the standard BCI-24 cartridges. Could
anyone tell me if the ink for both of these printers is easily
refillable, and if they're using reservoirs or sponges a-la-Lexmark?
Thanks a lot!
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mikey

Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest to
by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing. The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey
 
M

measekite

Mikey said:
Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest
TO GET CLOGGED UP. WHO WANT TO MOUSE ARAOUND WITH ALL OF THE CRAP
to
by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing.
OH YEAH THEY PROBABLY CLOG UP FASTER
The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)
NOW I UNDERSTAND YOU SPELL COLOR COLOUR SO YOU GOTTA GET IT REAL CHEAP.
 
M

measekite

Eric said:
I'm on the verge of deciding to change my Lexmark Z517 printer for a
Canon, since I'm a student and print quite lots of stuff (and the
Lexmark ink is generally fairly expensive and nearly
un-refillable/third party ink non-existent). So, I saw many dirt-cheap
cartridges for Canon printers,
YOU CERTAINLY WILL FLUNK OUT OF SCHOOL BECAUSE INSTEAD OF STUDYING YOU
WILL SPEND AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TIME UNCLOGGING THE PRINTER UNTIL IT
WILL NOT WORK ANY MORE. PART OF WHAT YOU SAID MAKES SENSE. BUY A CANON
PRINTER BUT ONLY USE OEM INK.

AS A MATTER OF FACT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PRINT PHOTOS BUT ONLY DO
SCHOOL WORK A COLOR LASER OR AN HP INKJET MIGHT DO BETTER. EVEN BETTER
(I USUALLY DO NOT PROMOTE THEM) I WOULD LOOK AT A MULTIFUNCTION COLOR
LASER. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A PERSONAL COPY MACHINE ALSO.
but they fit into BJC models, which
don't seem to exist anymore (and have likely been discontinued for a
while). However, I also saw both a
Pixma iP2000 and an iP2200
TOTAL TRASH
for a
really good price, however I was wondering if the cartridges were as
easily refillable as the old BJC cartridges, or if third-party ink was
available for such a low price. Judging from the pictures I saw, the
cartridges that fit into the iP2200 (which is, I guess, the model
following the iP2000) didn't seem to be the same at all as those who
fit into the iP2000, which are the standard BCI-24 cartridges. Could
anyone tell me if the ink for both of these printers is easily
refillable, and if they're using reservoirs or sponges a-la-Lexmark?
Thanks a lot!
DON'T KEEP JERKING YOURSELF OFF. FOLLOW THE ADVICE ABOVE.
 
M

Martin

Mikey said:
Canon ink is one of the easiest to refill, and also one of the cheapest to
by 3rd party ink for.

I use ProJet Compatibles and they are amazing. The IP2000 ones are only
£0.55 (Inc V.A.T) for a colour ink why refill?
IP4000 / IP5000 are only £0.69p (Inc VAT)

Hope this it of some help.

Mikey

What Mikey neglected to mention is that the iP2200 would be a chipped
cartridge type which, whilst refillable, wouldn't provide you with ink
level information from the point when you needed to refill it.

There's plenty of information on the net about the new Canon carts if
you check...

So, in a nutshell go with the earlier iP2000 or similar.. rather than
the iPX200 versions.
 
M

Mikey

I stand corrected.

Thanks for pointing that out Martin. Good to know somone is paying attention
;-)

I agree 100% stick with the 000s not the 200s
At least for the time being.

Mikey
 
Ad

Advertisements

N

Newfdog

measekite said:
YOU CERTAINLY WILL FLUNK OUT OF SCHOOL BECAUSE INSTEAD OF STUDYING YOU
WILL SPEND AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF TIME UNCLOGGING THE PRINTER UNTIL IT
WILL NOT WORK ANY MORE. PART OF WHAT YOU SAID MAKES SENSE. BUY A CANON
PRINTER BUT ONLY USE OEM INK.

AS A MATTER OF FACT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PRINT PHOTOS BUT ONLY DO
SCHOOL WORK A COLOR LASER OR AN HP INKJET MIGHT DO BETTER. EVEN BETTER
(I USUALLY DO NOT PROMOTE THEM) I WOULD LOOK AT A MULTIFUNCTION COLOR
LASER. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A PERSONAL COPY MACHINE ALSO.


TOTAL TRASH

DON'T KEEP JERKING YOURSELF OFF. FOLLOW THE ADVICE ABOVE.
who is this idiot measekite. Sounds like he works for a printer
manufacturer.
 
M

Mikey

Measekite is a Retard, I would never have seen his post as I have him on
Killfile, but saw his name in a reply.

He is just a scaremongering troll. Ignore 99.9% of what he says.

If he likes to be ripped of by the printer manufactures, that's his
decision.

My opinion is that I would much prefer to pay 0.59p per cart that £9.95 or
even in some cases 0.79p rather than £23.99
Only 3 refills would pay for a new printer, with a set of OEM in thrown in
into the bargain.

I have an IP4000 and the quality of the carts I use are awsome. Paper
quality is an important factor though.

FWIW

Take care Newfdog
 
F

Frank

Newfdog said:
who is this idiot measekite. Sounds like he works for a printer
manufacturer.
He's a brainless moron who also happens to be a grade school drop out
idiot. He know absolutely nothing about ink, printers or paper. So pay
no attention to him. In fact kill filing him is the very best option.
Frank
 
M

measekite

MICKEY MOUSE IS A RETARD
Measekite is a Retard, I would never have seen his post as I have him on
Killfile, but saw his name in a reply.

He is just a scaremongering troll. Ignore 99.9% of what he says.

If he likes to be ripped of by the printer manufactures, that's his
decision.

My opinion is that I would much prefer to pay 0.59p per cart that £9.95 or
even in some cases 0.79p rather than £23.99
Only 3 refills would pay for a new printer, with a set of OEM in thrown in
into the bargain.

I have an IP4000 and the quality of the carts I use are awsome. Paper
quality is an important factor though.

FWIW

Take care Newfdog
 
M

measekite

Newfdog said:
who is this idiot measekite. Sounds like he works for a printer
manufacturer.
WHO IS THIS DOGGIE IN DA WINDOW. SOUNDS LIKE HE WORKS IN A KENNEL
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Davy

Canons are darn good printers, I have the ip5000, you'll ought to fin
them very reliable and very economical to run

The text is as good as the laser and after the laser has warmed up th
Canons is just as fast, obviously there's no fuser to warm up like
laser

Dav
 
M

Martin

Mikey said:
I stand corrected.

Thanks for pointing that out Martin. Good to know somone is paying attention
;-)

I agree 100% stick with the 000s not the 200s
At least for the time being.

Mikey
No worries... helps to avoid making a bit of an "oops" ;)
 
G

Gary Tait

Frank said:
He's a brainless moron who also happens to be a grade school drop out
idiot. He know absolutely nothing about ink, printers or paper. So pay
no attention to him. In fact kill filing him is the very best option.
Frank
And when irrefutable facts are put forward, she starts spewing trash from
her backside
 
M

measekite

Gary said:
And when irrefutable facts are put forward, she starts spewing trash from
her backside
OH FRANKIE CRANKIE DA LOW LIFE COCKROACH IS STILL AROUND. TOO BAD.
HARDLY EVER HEAR HIS LIES
 
Ad

Advertisements

F

Frank

Gary said:
Exactly like that.
I kill filed meashershithead months ago. Thank G_d I only see his lying
post when someone else replies to him.
Frank
 
R

Redneck Jim

Gary Tait said:
Exactly like that.
You've got to accept the fact that arguing with MEASKITE is like wrestling a
pig in mud.
After a while you'll realize that the pig is enjoying the experience
 
M

measekite

Redneck said:
You've got to accept the fact that arguing with MEASKITE is like wrestling a
pig in mud.
After a while you'll realize that the pig is enjoying the experience
YOU'VE GOT TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT ARGUING WITH A REDNECK IS LIKE
WRTSTLING A PIG IN MUD. AFTER A WHILE YOU'LL REALIZE THAT THE REDNECK
IS A PIG.
 
Ad

Advertisements

F

Frank

Redneck said:
You've got to accept the fact that arguing with MEASKITE is like wrestling a
pig in mud.
After a while you'll realize that the pig is enjoying the experience
hehehehe...good one!
Frank
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top