Canon MX850 help with ink monitor

Howard Lee

I'm having trouble with refilled cartridges,

I have released the monitoring function and it prints fine, however it won't
print a fax just has a warning about low ink level and data in memory, so I
have to use a new cartridge to keep the fax working. Any ideas how to use a
refilled cartridge gratefully accepted
cheers

measekite

Howard said:
I'm having trouble with refilled cartridges,

You should only use Canon ink carts for best results and you would not
have these problems.
I have released the monitoring function and it prints fine, however it won't
print a fax just has a warning about low ink level and data in memory,

It is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. All you need to do is
replace the carts with Canon brand and you will not have a problem.
Call Canon tech support if you need further assistance.
so I
have to use a new cartridge to keep the fax working. Any ideas how to use a
refilled cartridge gratefully accepted

They will never work the way the Canon engineers intended.

Lou

Howard Lee said:
I'm having trouble with refilled cartridges,

I have released the monitoring function and it prints fine, however it
won't print a fax just has a warning about low ink level and data in
memory, so I have to use a new cartridge to keep the fax working. Any
ideas how to use a refilled cartridge gratefully accepted
cheers
I don't know anything about your printer model but I do know that chip
resetters are relatively cheap on EBAY. I've purchased one but I haven't
used it yet to report on, but others say it works. I only use my Pro9000 a
limited amount as I use my other Canon printer with refilled cartridges for
everyday printing. As soon as I run out of ink in the 9000 I'll try the
resetter and report back.
I would opt for the chip resetter and know how much ink is left in the
cartridge anyway.

measekite

Lou wrote:

"Howard Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

I'm having trouble with refilled cartridges, I have released the monitoring function and it prints fine, however it won't print a fax just has a warning about low ink level and data in memory, so I have to use a new cartridge to keep the fax working. Any ideas how to use a refilled cartridge gratefully accepted cheers

I don't know anything about your printer model but I do know that chip resetters are relatively cheap on EBAY. I've purchased one but I haven't used it yet to report on, but others say it works. I only use my Pro9000

You have a great printer and too bad you will not get the results that the printer is capable of.  At the worst you will ruin the printer and at the best you will get poorer results that will fade quicker.