Cannot upgrade to XP Pro from 2000/ME

L.L.

When I try to upgrade to Win XP Professonal from Windows 2000, I get a
message that reads "Winnt32 has caused an error in kernel32.dll", and that
Winnt32 will close. What should I do to fix the error.

I need some help.

SingaporeWebDesign

Hello,

Try booting from the CD to install a fresh copy of XP.

Note that this will delete everything in your hard disk (documents,
programs, etc).

SingaporeWebDesign

Hello,

It will delete all folders unless you select not to format the hard disk and
to "leave it as it is". I suggest backing up to another drive and performing
a clean install (format the hard disk).
Will that work with a upgrade CD?
Yes, but you *must* have a qualifying media for Setup to verify that you are
upgrading.

In future, please respond directly to the group.

--
Singapore Web Design Singapore Web Hosting
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/