Cannot Send Message To Chinese Newsgroups

BlueMask

I'm located in China, I can't use Windows Mail send message to Chinese
Newsgroups. Any solution on it? Thanks.

Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\)

Might sound a bit strange... but the China Firewall thing might well be
blocking it either incoming or outgoing. I'm not 100% up to date about the
situation with freed*m of speech and the effects on the Internet, so it
might be a good idea to call your Internet Service Provider :blush:)

--
Zack Whittaker
? ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk

--- Original message follows ---

BlueMask

It has nothing to do with the freedom of speech or internet service
provider, it's software problem...

Zack Whittaker \(R2 Mentor\)

Not necessarily to do with the words your using, but it does sound like you
cannot access other Chinese newsgroups because of something external to the
software. Windows Mail won't stop giving you access to a whole set of
newsgroups - just make sure your settings are correct.

Some users are finding problems with a Port 80 error. If you are on the
technical beta, go and download 5342 now and see if there's any
improvements.

--
Zack Whittaker
? ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
? MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
? Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
? This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
that up!

--- Original message follows ---

Steve Cochran

If you are talking about on msnews and are getting errors posting to msnews,
then the messages are being posted. If you wish to remove the error
message, then go to Tools | Options and uncheck the option to use the
newsgroup Communities support features. That should fix the error message.

steve