Cannot reinstall Works

I could not find a Works group, so I am asking this here. I had to reinstall
the OS on my sister's Gateway. I am now trying to reinstall all the apps that
were erased. When I try to reinstall her copy of Works 2000, it asks for a
25-digit authenticity code. the Certificate of Authenticity that came with
her software does not have any such code on it, just a 20-digit/letter
product ID.

The 98SE sticker on the side of the tower has a code in the correct format,
but that doesn't work either. How can I either get this code or reinstall
without it? The software was originally installed by Gateway, of course.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Did you do a clean reformat?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cannot reinstall Works 2000" <Cannot reinstall Works
news:[email protected]...