Cannot go to Adobe webpage

I'm running Win 98SE w/IE 6.0. I recently uninstalled Adobe Reader 6.0 and
now cannot go to Adobe's webpage to download the new version of Reader. It is
the only page IE gives me the error "page cannot be displayed..." What have I
done?

Jerry

Try a Google search on Adobe Acrobat Reader and see if you can download it
from somewhere else.

I've tried that. All of the sites eventually point to Adobe and then I get
the same error, "The page cannot be displayed"
Tim

Don Varnau

Hi,
Easy steps first...
A complete shutdown for about 5 minutes- computer(s), modem, router-
everything.

Delete the Temporary Internet Files. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General>
files (and delete offline content.) It's often recommended that the TIF
folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Other possibilities: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#dns

Does this link work for you?
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/reader_archive.html
Look for Reader 6.01 or 6.02 near the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Tim" wrote in message