"Cannot find Server - DNS Error" Help me, please!

G

I have spent the past few errors trying to fix my computer, it has been driving me crazy for months as I can't even bid on eBay! I receive the "Cannot find Server of DNS Error" only on certain webpages. For example, when I sign into ebay using my ID and want to place a bid, and when I just downloaded the new media player, I can't get the pages/options in the window where a connection is required. I have the default settings on XP checked off so that both SSL's are choosen, I have tried to repair IE 6.0 as well, I have downloaded spybot and adware and ran them (which did make my computer faster, but didn't resolve this problem), oh, and what else have I done....I have read a million articles suggesting all kinds of stuff, but nothing has worked! I am no computer genius, but I can search and take directions, but nothing has fixed this problem.
If anyone out there can help me I would be greatly appreciative. I just don't know what else to do. I even tried to download netscape, but it wouldn't let me do it, shortly into the download it said it lost the network connection (which is impossible, because I was online using broadband, had another page open even). I tried it several times, closed everything else, etc, but it didn't work.
I do have Zone Alarm installed, but have turned it off. I am having numerous other problems, like trying to go into some Java areas like Chats, I can't get in there either. The computer tries to open a screen, and then can't do it. I don't have the XP firewall up either, so it's not that.

Please....help (e-mail address removed)

G

I think your system software maybe crash so for your information reinstall is faster way to solving the problem

but for the java application cannot runing. i think its realted some browser security setting. so you may check that area set it to default value and try again

if you have using zone alarm make sure it turn it off else it may restrict you go certain site. but any way zone alram something give u lots problem.

L

Lady Layla

There should be absolutely no need to turn Zone Alarm off to go to certain
sites -- doing so would endanger you to many additional problems

I have XP and ZA running and have no problems bidding on ebay.

So you are on cable, running your computer and have no firewall up? Do you
happen to have an Antivirus up, updated and running? Have you ever scanned your
system:?

: I think your system software maybe crash so for your information reinstall is
faster way to solving the problem.
:
: but for the java application cannot runing. i think its realted some browser
security setting. so you may check that area set it to default value and try
again.
:
: if you have using zone alarm make sure it turn it off else it may restrict you
go certain site. but any way zone alram something give u lots problem.

Ask a Question