Cannot delete task Outlook 2007

Wildfire London

I have two tasks which were generated from emails. The emails have been
deleted and now I can neither delete the tasks or mark them as completed. I
just get a notification "The message you specified cannot be found" I have
run scanpst.exe and this has not solved the problem. It's just really messy
to have two permanently overdue tasks cluttering up things.

Any ideas?

Wildfire London

There is nothing in the deleted items folder it has been emptied a bazzilion
times since this problem arose.

mpitts

I am having the same problem. I conduct a desktop search for the offensive
email invitation to a meeting, and it shows up in the search. However, I can
not open it or delete it. Let me know if you find something. It is truly
frustrating.

Wildfire London

It's a good idea but when I go to indexing options in the Control Panel it is
permanently performing maintenance and warns me it cannot rebuild the index
until it is finished. I suspect that it's corrupt but I have no idea as to
how to repair it.

mpitts

Great idea, but unfortunately it did not work. When I do a desktop search, I
find the original invitation, and can read it in the preview window, but I
get an erroro message about "unable to locate recurrance information". The
original message doesn't open either.

Appreciate the help

Steve Walls

In most cases, it is because the task is FLAGGED.

Right click on the flag and select CLEAR FLAG

You should be able to delete the task then!!

Let me know :)

Gordon

in message
In most cases, it is because the task is FLAGGED.

Right click on the flag and select CLEAR FLAG

You should be able to delete the task then!!

Let me know :)

So what was the problem?
Please QUOTE the post you are replying to and do NOT change the subject
line.

Wildfire London

I have changed the subject line back.

For the avoidance of doubt. It is impossible to delete, unflag, view or
perform anything on the tasks in question. It is impossible to rebuild the
index as it is constantly "performing maintenance" (which by the way makes
searching inside Outlook impossible as well). All in all it's a mess.

Richard Teel

Steve,

Thanks, I had this problem and as soon as I cleared the flag the item was gone. This seems to be a serious bug in the application. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

Steve Walls wrote:

outlook 2007 delete task solution
31-Aug-08

In most cases, it is because the task is FLAGGED.

Right click on the flag and select CLEAR FLAG

You should be able to delete the task then!!

Let me know :)

Cannot delete task Outlook 2007
I have two tasks which were generated from emails. The emails have been
deleted and now I can neither delete the tasks or mark them as completed. I
just get a notification "The message you specified cannot be found" I have
run scanpst.exe and this has not solved the problem. It's just really messy
to have two permanently overdue tasks cluttering up things.

Any ideas?

Empty your Deleted Items folder and try deleting it again.
Empty your Deleted Items folder and try deleting it again.

message
There is nothing in the deleted items folder it has been emptied a bazzilion
There is nothing in the deleted items folder it has been emptied a bazzilion
times since this problem arose.

:

I am having the same problem.
I am having the same problem. I conduct a desktop search for the offensive
email invitation to a meeting, and it shows up in the search. However, I can
not open it or delete it. Let me know if you find something. It is truly
frustrating.

:

Hadn't tried that. Thanks for the advice.Martha"Ben M.
[...]

ASP Search and Replace in Files
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...d-fcfa6c9739e2/asp-search-and-replace-in.aspx

Tom Willett

Yep, another Egghead blunder.

:
: Steve Walls wrote:
:
: outlook 2007 delete task solution
: 31-Aug-08
:
: In most cases, it is because the task is FLAGGED.
:
: Right click on the flag and select CLEAR FLAG
:
: You should be able to delete the task then!!
:
: Let me know :)
:
:
: On Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:27 AM
: WildfireLondo wrote:
:
: Cannot delete task Outlook 2007
: I have two tasks which were generated from emails. The emails have been
: deleted and now I can neither delete the tasks or mark them as completed.
: just get a notification "The message you specified cannot be found" I have
: run scanpst.exe and this has not solved the problem. It's just really
messy
: to have two permanently overdue tasks cluttering up things.
:
: Any ideas?
:
: On Saturday, July 19, 2008 10:52 AM
: Roady [MVP] wrote:
:
: Empty your Deleted Items folder and try deleting it again.
: Empty your Deleted Items folder and try deleting it again.
:
: --
: Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
: Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
: http://www.howto-outlook.com/
: Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
:
: http://www.msoutlook.info/
: Real World Questions, Real World Answers
:
: -----
:
: message :
: On Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:23 AM
: WildfireLondo wrote:
:
: There is nothing in the deleted items folder it has been emptied a
bazzilion
: There is nothing in the deleted items folder it has been emptied a
bazzilion
: times since this problem arose.
:
: "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
:
: On Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:16 PM
: mpitt wrote:
:
: I am having the same problem.
: I am having the same problem. I conduct a desktop search for the
offensive
: email invitation to a meeting, and it shows up in the search. However, I
can
: not open it or delete it. Let me know if you find something. It is truly
: frustrating.
:
: "Wildfire London" wrote:
:
: On Sunday, August 03, 2008 4:03 PM
: mpitt wrote:
:
: Hadn't tried that. Thanks for the advice.Martha"Ben M.
: Hadn't tried that. Thanks for the advice.
:
: Martha
:
: "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:
:
: On Monday, August 04, 2008 7:25 AM
: WildfireLondo wrote:
:
: It's a good idea but when I go to indexing options in the Control Panel it
is
: It's a good idea but when I go to indexing options in the Control Panel it
is
: permanently performing maintenance and warns me it cannot rebuild the
: until it is finished. I suspect that it's corrupt but I have no idea as to
: how to repair it.
:
: "mpitts" wrote:
:
: On Monday, August 04, 2008 7:36 PM
: mpitt wrote:
:
: Great idea, but unfortunately it did not work.
: Great idea, but unfortunately it did not work. When I do a desktop
search, I
: find the original invitation, and can read it in the preview window, but I
: get an erroro message about "unable to locate recurrance information".
The
: original message doesn't open either.
:
: Appreciate the help
:
: "mpitts" wrote:
:
: On Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:41 AM
: Steve Walls wrote:
:
: outlook 2007 delete task solution
: In most cases, it is because the task is FLAGGED.
:
: Right click on the flag and select CLEAR FLAG
:
: You should be able to delete the task then!!
:
: Let me know :)
:
: On Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:38 AM
: WildfireLondo wrote:
:
: I have changed the subject line back. For the avoidance of doubt.
: I have changed the subject line back.
:
: For the avoidance of doubt. It is impossible to delete, unflag, view or
: perform anything on the tasks in question. It is impossible to rebuild the
: index as it is constantly "performing maintenance" (which by the way makes
: searching inside Outlook impossible as well). All in all it's a mess.
:
: "Gordon" wrote:
:
:
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice