Windows XP Cannot copy [filename]: parameter is incorrect

Reaction score
Hey, new here :)

Anyway, im trying to copying some music from a DVD+R onto my phone (im using it as a mass media storage, formatted in FAT32) and have been successfull with around 5GB of music. My phone memory card is 8GB and all of a sudden, I cant transfer any music onto it anymore, it just gives me the error: 'Cannot copy [filename]: parameter is incorrect'. This is not only happening for the music i am transferring from the DVD+R, but now also from my computer. This is annoying as i cannot now transfer any music onto my phone whatsoever.

I am not trying to copy files with wierd names, letters, numbers etc and they are all from 2mb to 15mb file sizes.. I am also copying directly from the DVD+R, i am not uploading that music to my computer (however, since the same is happening with music from my computer, i assume the phone is at fault here).

Anyway, if anyone has some suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers, Liam.

EDIT: I can play all the music fine on my computer, and none of the files are not corrupted i dont think. Lastly, i am dragging and dropping them from the CD onto the phone's memory (not using any sort of application). I have a Nokia Xpressmusic 5800 (should that help haha).

Last edited:

Ask a Question