Windows XP cannot activate windows

Reaction score
hey whats going on guys.I having a problem getting windows activated.Here whats going down.I just recently did a windows repair because i was having some problems with my graphic drivers well any way i think i got that fixed but windows will not let me onto the desk top unless i activate it online first which i have never encountered before my disk is an oem copy so its not that i dont think.But when i was trying to fix my driver problem i hade to do it a couple of times repair procedure i mean and the second time i did it i pressed repair with recovery console instead of enter to setup windows and what i wanted to know is would that delete my conecction settings i had on there before.And the reason i ask is because windows tries to connect to the internet to activate but it keeps saying there is no dial tone or that it couldnt find a connection and my modem was working fine an hour before i did all this.Any help greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Try to activate it on the internet, if it wont then use the phone number from the activation screen and ring that.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You may not be getting an internet connection because during recovery the modem drivers may have been deleted.

Right click My Computer, then Properties>Hardware>Device Manager and see if you have a yellow exclamation mark beside your modem.

If so you will need to upload the drivers, which should be on the System/Drivers CD which came with the PC.

Reaction score
the only thing i can do is go into safe mode and it said that my modem is still there along with my connection.Also i bought my computer from somebody about 3 yrs ago and i have installed new modem since then plus a new hardrive cd and dvd writer and a dvd rom drive.

Reaction score
these are the messages im receiving from windows.This one comes up and the end of the repair procedure(software installation has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp.This software will not be installed).this one is after reboot.(A problem has prvented windows from accurately checking the status of the license for this computer to proceed your copy of windows must be activated with microsoft).

Reaction score
what i cant understand is why this disc(operating system) no longer recognizes my computer i have not done any major hardware changes.

Last edited:

Ask a Question