Windows Vista Can someone tell me....

Reaction score
The other day my daughter was using my desk top computer and she looked at a news item from her Google side bar. She read the article then shut it down,using the X top right corner. It shut down,or so she thought,but it came up again.Again she tried to close it down but it kept coming back,again and again.In the end she counted 22 screens on top of each other!! As she couldn`t shut it down she switched off the computer.
My question is: Why should this happen,is it a warning that the computer is faulty?
Many thanks for any replies.
historian
P.S The computer is fine,I`m writing this on it,also it`s not even a year old!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sounds like, as the modern browser usually has a built-in anti-pop-up thingamabob, a new version on the old theme ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop-up_ad

... and create on-screen buttons or controls that look similar to a "close" or "cancel" option. When the user chooses one of these "simulated cancel" options, however, the button performs an unexpected or unauthorized action (such as opening a new pop-up, or running unauthorized commands on the user's system)
... what browser you using?

:user:

Ask a Question