Windows XP Can not install HP Printer

Reaction score
I have an IBM computer, the OS is WINDOWS XP Home Edition, with 3 printers, one of the printers are HP LaserJet 2300d (series PCL 6) which I installed about 2 years ago and it worked fine.

But, about 3 weeks ago it start to make problems when the print dialog box was opened and I clicked on properties the program closed, a sheet that was configured to be printed on both sides printed on 2 separate sheets, and the end of the page came out first from the primter instead of coming out on the top side first.

After it did so several times I uninstalled the printer and I tried to reinstall it again several ways for more then 25 times and it does not install. I downloaded the newest printer driver from HP for the printer and
it did not installed itself on the computer.

The messages that it gave me was, an error occurred during the installation of the device The parameter is incorrect, a 2nd message was - unable to install printer Either the printer name was typed incorrectly or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server, a 3rd message the HP LaserJet 2300 setup program has encountered a severe error, and more.

I think that the problem start since the microsoft update 925902 which was in the beginning of April 32007, I installed the recommended update KB935843 and the problem is not solved.

I also have a Epson Stylus Color 860, it use to show the amount of ink it has, but know it does not show I am not sure when it stoped to show.

Please help me solve the problem, thanks.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I found this, if it's any good to you ...

your problem not related to driver it's a common error follow a short steps down

FOR / Windows 2000 and XP

1.) Select Start, Settings, then Printers or Printers and Faxes (Windows XP) from the Windows desktop.

2.) Right-click the HP LaserJet printer icon, Properties from the drop-down menu.

3.) Select the Ports tab and uncheck Enable bidirectional support.

4.) Select the Advanced tab and verify that Keep printed documents is not checked.

5.) Click the Apply button and then click OK until the printers window is closed.

Also if you need details step refer to a link down for istallation issue for hp laserjet 3200 ALL-in-one.

HP LaserJet 1200, 1300, 2200, 2300, 3200, and 3300 Series Products - PCL XL Errors Occur When Printing Using the PCL6 Printer Driver
... HTH

You may get better "help" from HPs website.

user.gif

Reaction score
Dear Muckshifter:

Thank you for your reply.

In number 2 you are informing me to right click on the HP icon, please note that in paragraph number 3 in my letter I am stating that I had uninstalled the HP printer, so I cannot right click on it till it gets reinstalled, which could not be done.

In the first paragraph after number 5 you are telling me to refer to the link down for istallation issue for hp laserjet 3200 ALL-in-one, I don't see any link for HP. Please refer me to which link you are guiding me.

On the bottom of your letter you are telling me that I may get better "help" from HPs website. Please note that I had contact allready HP Technical department and they where not able to give me any help, they where only able to tell me how to install the software, which I know that by my self as other. They told me that the problem is caused my MICROSOFT and not by them.

Tank you again for reading my letter.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm afraid I cannot help much ... the quote I referenced was from HP's own forums ... it's not unusual for the like of HP to lay blame on MS.

:(

Have you tried connecting the printer directly to another PC, just to make sure the printer is not itself faulty.

:user:

Reaction score
Dear Muckshifter:

Thank you again for your reply.

Microsoft is blaming them self that they caused the problem, see KB935843 that they had caused a problem for many Printers including HP 4050 PCL 6 when they sent the automaticaly update # 925902 and therefore update 935843 should be installed to solve the problem for the printers they stated, and I did installed that update but my printer is not solved.

HP technical support told me to print out a self test page from my printer and it came out good and therefore the HP tecnical support told me that the printer is in good operating and the problem is from MICROSOFT, and also till I received the automaticly update # 925902 my printer was working fine.

Can you tell me how to contact MICROSOFT tecnical support, and how can I e-mail them this message problem, or where I can post it to microsoft so maybe they will answer me and help me?

Tank you again for reading my letter.

Yech

Last edited:

Ask a Question