Can not delete emails

Paulo

I can not delete emails. When I hit delete it tells me
to run the inbox repair tool - which I have run many
times and I am told that my files has no erros. I can
not even delete notes or calander items.

In addition I can not empty my deleted items folder. I
get the error that "The messaging Interface has returned
an unknown error. If problem persisits, restart Outlook."

To this point I have unistalled outlook, re-installed it,
run the inbox repair tool, and everything else I can
think of. Nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

We would appreciate knowing the Outlook version and the size of your .pst
file.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paulo asked:

| I can not delete emails. When I hit delete it tells me
| to run the inbox repair tool - which I have run many
| times and I am told that my files has no erros. I can
| not even delete notes or calander items.
|
| In addition I can not empty my deleted items folder. I
| get the error that "The messaging Interface has returned
| an unknown error. If problem persisits, restart Outlook."
|
| To this point I have unistalled outlook, re-installed it,
| run the inbox repair tool, and everything else I can
| think of. Nothing seems to work.
|
| I would appreciate any help you can give me.
|
| Thanks,

It is Outlook 2002 and my PST file is 980 megs -
althought the problem has been going on since the pst
file was about 680 megs.

Thanks!

Claude Duval

I have exactly the same problem as Paulo, namely I can't empty the Deleted
Items folder and get the following message when I try: "The messaging
Interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart
Outlook."

I've had this problem for 2 years, I have to manually delete the items from
the Deleted Items folder. The problem started when I deleted a folder 2
years ago. This folder is still in the Deleted Items folder!! I have tried
everything.

Outlook 2000 version SP3 9.0.0.6627.
PST file size is 550MB

Any help appreciated Milly.

Thanks,
Duval

Sounds similar except I can't even manually delete, I
have no folders in my deleted items folder and its
outlook 2002 (specifically its Office for Students and
Teachers 2002)

Thanks again.

I have exactly the same problem as Paulo, namely I can't empty the Deleted
Items folder and get the following message when I try: "The messaging
Interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart
Outlook."

I've had this problem for 2 years, I have to manually delete the items from
the Deleted Items folder. The problem started when I deleted a folder 2
years ago. This folder is still in the Deleted Items folder!! I have tried
everything.

Outlook 2000 version SP3 9.0.0.6627.
PST file size is 550MB

Any help appreciated Milly.