Can I Uninstall Internet Explorer SP2 & Install IE SP1?

This particular verison of the Internet explorer is giving me issues when
used with Java programs. IE SP1 did not have these issues. Is there a way I
can go back to IE SP1?

My platform is Windows XP SP2.

Hans Le Roy

Hi,

You don't tell us anything about the problems you're having with Java, so
we can only guess, and advise you to go to www.sun.com/java in order to
download and install (again) the Java Virtual Machine.

Kind regards

Hans

Hans, the issue I am having is with jvm.dll, which is present in Jinitiators.
IE, when used with Oracle Applications, uses Jinitiator. With some versions
of Jinitiators, it encounters this problem. When this issue is encountered, I
get a message such as, "IE has encountered an error and must close". Upon
drilling down, it shows an issue with jvm.dll. It produces a trace file as
well, but I am not sure how I can attach the trace here.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Can I Uninstall Internet Explorer SP2?"
Hans, the issue I am having is with jvm.dll, which is present in
Jinitiators.
IE, when used with Oracle Applications, uses Jinitiator. With some
versions
of Jinitiators, it encounters this problem. When this issue is
encountered, I
get a message such as, "IE has encountered an error and must close". Upon
drilling down, it shows an issue with jvm.dll. It produces a trace file as
well, but I am not sure how I can attach the trace here.

Reinstalling IE is not likely to help in this situation. Uninstall all Java
versions from Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs and then reinstall from
www.java.com

I want to install IE SP1 because the issue that I am currently having do not
occur with IE SP1.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Did you install WinXP SP2 or did it come with the machine?
If you installed it you can uninstall it, but it's a real bad idea as you
will lose its improved security. And after October MS will no longer
support SP1.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

"Can I Uninstall Internet Explorer SP2" <Can I Uninstall Internet Explorer