Can I Still Get New Graphics Card ?

Reaction score
Heya. Soz again. I am just about to purchase the http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=47511

and i also was going to purchase more RAM until i found that i have 2 256MB RAM instead. Can i still use the new graphics card with 512MB for the moment, and then once i get more RAM (Please look at my other thread) will the card still work ok, with different RAM settings, or will i have to change some stuff ?

Thanx

Reaction score
Heya. I was looking into the 6600 GT but isn't it more expensive ? Why is it better then the 9800 Pro ?

Please reply quickly lol i am just about to buy it !!!

Can you ind me a good price for the 6600GT please ?

Thanx m8

appreciate it

Reaction score
Hiya, i have been looking at loads of reviews and now i think the Radeon 9800 pro is out of question compared to the Geforce 6600 Gt, which now i am probably buying, but the 6800 seems to do consistantly a bit better, but is it worth spending that much more ?!

I think i will most probably buy the 6600GT now, hopefully buy in around 30 mins time ?! lol

Thanx for da help

Please look at my memory thread, coz i need help with that too thanx !!!

Reaction score
Thanx m8 i really appreciate it

What is the difference then between GDDR3 and DDR, or do i not need to know ?! lol

Will the card work with my pc then ?!

lol I am probz going to buy that one then thanx to you lot lol :) thanx for that price reef.

:)

Reaction score
What is the difference between GDDR3 and DDR ?!

I can't find any GDDR3 ones, that have stock, like the website you gave me ? And i would like to order mine now !!! lol

Please help QUICKLY !!!

Thanx

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
GDDR3 is faster than the standard DDR. All the next gen card use GDDR3, the X800XT's and the 6800Ultras of this world ;).

Reaction score
Oh right i see m8 :)

Thanx

Can you find me one pretty please ?! lol Coz i have just already bought my new memory RAMS and now want to buy graphics card

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Thnx m8 i have just ordered my new graphics card from that other site you gave me. They btter have stock coz i want to play with it before i start school again on wednesday !!! lol

But i will have to play with my new RAM when i should get it tomorow or the day after :)

Thanx you guys you have been loads of help !!! :)

I will continue to us this gr8 site after i get all my new stuff ! :) Yay 1

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one myself actually...

I will either save for the "Goes Like Hell" version which is £185 (faster than vanilla 6800) or the Galaxy one for £164 or something like that. Both have much faster than stock speeds. The Gainward has VIVO but the Galaxy is much cheaper...

Reaction score
Nice one :) lol I really do hope the memory and card comes before school !!! :(

I can't wait lol

Money well spent i thinks :D

I swear to god if something goes wrong !!! lol

Once i get the graphics card, i will come on here about overclocking it, because i don't really know how to do it lol :S

Thanz

Reaction score
My BFG 6600GT has 128mb GDDR3, i got it on sale at pc world. they are normally 199 pound but i got mine for 99. XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail, this one at ocuk for 146 + shipping it has GDDR3.

Reaction score
Oh right kool. Thanx but i have now pre-ordered the new Gainward Ultra 1960 Goes Like Hell (6626) GeForce 6600 GT 128MB DDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) lol so i am waiting for this. May take a while, since i had to pre-order it but that's ok, because i ordered 1GB of RAM (2 x 512MB) so i can try that out first maybe if delvered tomoz.

Reaction score
the native speeds for that thing are ridiculously fast - 200MHz faster than a regular one - and i bet you can overclock it too - comes with a program.

Its only £20 more than the galaxy one - golden samples top of teh range!

Reaction score
if your asking if the new gfx card will work on your system with 512mb of ram, then yes it will, but it wont show its full potential with it. your fine untill you try to run doom3 or something of that nature specially on high or ultra settings. that would be a must have for ultra.

Reaction score
... yes, but to run doom3, ultra settings, it will choke out when you turn on AA and FSAA.

Ask a Question