Can I set the 'pop-up blocker' to toggle it on and off?

Pop up blocker keeps me from getting to some web sites and from downloading
some files I need for my work. I need to be able to turn it on and off. How
do I do so?

Cyskon

If you are using IE and WinXP with SP2 installed. Then load IE click on the
Tools menu, choose Internet Options. Select the Privacy tab, and you can
turn on/off the blocker from there, or you can add websites that you want
pop-ups to be allowed from.

_Vanguard_

"confused once again" <confused once (e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
Pop up blocker keeps me from getting to some web sites and from
downloading
some files I need for my work. I need to be able to turn it on and
off. How
do I do so?

Hold the Ctrl key when clicking on a link to a web site that you know
has popups, or hold Ctrl while clicking on the Refresh button to get
popups for the current site that got blocked.

Use the Tools -> Popup Blocker menu to turn on and off. That's as close
as you can get to the lack of a button you could put on the toolbar by
customizing it.

Brian Tillman

confused once again said:
Pop up blocker keeps me from getting to some web sites and from
downloading some files I need for my work. I need to be able to turn
it on and off. How do I do so?

Ask in an Internet Explorer newsgroup.