Can I have some help here please

Reaction score
I have a MAXX pc (the one with the side panel like a door), but the questiion is what is the safest way to get my pcu fan out so I can clean it( the one in the metal casing and next to that I have a fan which is black with 2 white switches one on top and the other on the bottom of the fan so I can release it but I cannot seem to get it off to clean it is there something that im doing wrong. The reason for me wanting to do this is the computer is about 2 years old and through that time my fans have got nosier.

Thans for your time in this matter

Reaction score
If you mean PSU (power supply) then the simple answer is:

DONT TOUCH IT **HIGH VOLTAGE**

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just as Chris says, don't open the PSU unless you really know what you are doing. There are some meaty capacitors in those things which would cause quite a shock.

Best bet might be to get a vacuum cleaner attachment (on the hose) and stuck some of the dust out? I don't think dust alone would cause it to get too noisy, so perhaps the fan bearing has gone?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
You don't think he means the fan over the CPU do you cos they can be a bit tricky to get out??

Just a thought!!

Gabs xx

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
gabriella said:
You don't think he means the fan over the CPU do you cos they can be a bit tricky to get out??

Ah, of course Gabs! I thought pcu was a mistype of PSU not CPU! Good thinking :D

jimmyjock said:
have a fan which is black with 2 white switches one on top and the other on the bottom of the fan so I can release it but I cannot seem to get it off to clean it is there something that im doing wrong

I'm not sure how to get the fan out if it doesn't have any clips near by, can you take a photo of it so we can see it?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I haven't any photos Ian but I can say you rock the fan gently from side to side (must have a/s gear on + earthed obviously) and it comes out lovely jubbly!!

Gabs x

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
gabriella said:
I haven't any photos Ian but I can say you rock the fan gently from side to side (must have a/s gear on + earthed obviously) and it comes out lovely jubbly!!

Sorry Gabs, I meant for jimmyjock :blush: My brain isn't quite in gear today :D

I've edited the post to make a bit more sense now :)

Ask a Question