Call of Duty: United Offensive

.-=ManQ=-.

<a href="http://www.boltonpc.co.uk">BoltonPC</a> R
Reaction score
Aahhh ! I think I can go one better than that !!! This is my all time fave and I still play it every night! "Come and have a go if you think your hard enough !!!!"

Call of Duty - United Offensive

Reviewed by: .-=ManQ=-.​

Vital Statistics

Price: Around £15 to £20 (Expansion Pack, must have original game)
Format: PC Version
Published by: Activision
Age Rating: 15+
Official Website: http://www.callofduty.com
Minimum Spec:
The box says:
- 32mb Direct X compatible Graphics Card
- MS Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
- P3/Athlon 800Mhz or higher
- 128Mb RAM
- 8x CD Rom
- Just over 1Gb of free hard drive space

I say:

minimum 128mb graphics card
2 Ghz CPU
at least 512mb of DDR RAM

Addition: Now I have my spanky Asus 128Mb GF 6600GT, i stand by my original comment, it certainly makes the game :)

Review

Over all: 9/10

It's been around for a while now, COD UO is an expansion on the original and epic WWII First Person Shooter. I rarely rate expansion packs because they don't offer any real value other than extending the original game a little. But COD for some reason really does it for me :cool:

Graphics: 9/10

Awesome! The characters, the vehicles, the buildings, everything about COD (subject to your graphics card) looks excellent.

I'm running the game on an Asus 128mb V9999 and it runs like a dream.

shot0003.jpg

Just one of the many weapons you can play with. Check out the squaddie in the distance testing out his new flame thrower :D

Gameplay: 8.5/10

The single player version is not too dissimilar to the original, you get an extra 13 levels to conquer, new features include a few extra vehicles to drive, more weapons, including flame throwers, smoke grenades and heavy weapons, some of which have to be used from the prone position.

You also get a further 11 new Multi-player maps to try and they are all absolutely fantastic. Multi-player is definitely where COD comes to life.

In both Single play and Multi-play, COD manages to drop you right into the game to the extent you can almost smell the sweat from the person running next to you. But in Multi-player, it really does excel.

I think the maximum number of players in one game is 64, so it can get quite hectic depending on the game type you want to play (DM, TDM, CTF, Base Assault, Search & Destroy, Headquarters & Domination. Base Assault is my fave !

shot0001.jpg

0.2 seconds to certain death!

Jump in your Jeep, beep your horn a few times and you'll soon have a team mate jump onboard to handle the on-board machine gun. You can even have another passenger next to you, then raz your Jeep into enemy territory guns ablaze ! Cool :cool:

Value for Money: 9/10

I know, I know !! It's an expansion pack ::), and I don't usually go for them, but the original COD was so awe-inspiring that I had to give this one a go. And it didn't let me down, fancy a game ?? PM Me ;D

shot0000.jpg

Can someone please pass me that monkey wrench?

Reaction score
great game :) only thing i play other than cs, but dont play it all that often these days

.-=ManQ=-.

<a href="http://www.boltonpc.co.uk">BoltonPC</a> R
Reaction score
Hiya,

Since posting to this thread I have just become more and more hoked onthe whole COD UO thing :)

To the point I have now joined a clan ? Sad ? Hell No !

Feel free to pop in and say hello to the guys if yoo're a COD guy!

Visit =RB= Royal Battalion Call of Duty Clan

Ask a Question