C-Media AC97 Audio Device Error

My sound card is giving me trouble. Windows XP finds and device and installs
the drivers, but gives an error "There was a problem installing this
hardware: This device cannot start. (Code 10)" When I do a properties on
the device in the device manager under the Driver tab I show:
Driver Provider: C-Media Inc
Driver Date: 5/20/2005
Version: 5.12.1.49

I have removed and re-added the device many times, each time resulting in
Code 10. The sound card was working just fine before I reformatted my HDD.

peterk

Afetr you formatted your HD and reloaded XP did you also reload your
motherboard drivers that came with your PC??
peterk

Regretfully no. I have misplaced the cd that came with my motherboard (in a
move).

Thanks a lot. I don't know why I didn't think to do that in the first place.
My mind isn't working after being back from vacation. Got it working!!

Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"peterk" wrote:

> Well you can download them from the mobo website
> peterk
would you mind give me the link where do u download it from cause i encounted the same problem

I went to http://www.ecsusa.com/ and did a search for the model number of my
motherboards. Turns out I didn't have the C-media built in sound chipset,
but something else. Hope this helps you.

well, seems i'm having the same problem as somebody else here. i've done
already done everything you guys have posted here and anything else i could
think of to try. no luck. sound was working perfectly up until three hours
ago when suddenly, bam, nothing. you guys have anything else i could possibly
try?

peterk said:

hi this alok here.i too have a problem with my driver after i formatted my
system and made partition of my hard drive. when later as directed bu hp
customer support i downloaded the AC 97 audio driver and installed on my
computer. But it gives an error as "DRIVER NOT FOUND.REBOOT THE SYSTEM AND
RUN THE SETUP AGAIN". Please suggest me what to do. I am using Microsoft XP
professional & my machine is hp dx6100 MT.