Buying a new gaming PC

Reaction score
Hi, I am planing on buying a new PC this summer, which will be used mainly for gaming. However I do not know much about PC’s and would like some advice. I have a budget of £500-£900. So far I have been looking for PC’s with:

Intel Pentium 4 3GHz processor
1-2GB RAM
100-250GB Hard Drive
High Quality Graphics Card (don’t really know any good graphic cards)
DVD/CD Re-writer
Monitor
Keyboard/Mouse (preferably wireless)
Easy to upgrade

Also where is the best place to buy a PC? From what I know places like PC World and other large stores are much more expensive than smaller outlet stores. Furthermore I have been told Ebay sells cheap and high quality PC’s.

I also have a lot of software from my old PC such as Windows XP, McAfee’s Virus Scan ect and was wondering if these would be of any use.

I would be grateful for any advice or info. Thanks

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
take a look at the dell 8400 series systems, they are good and you can modify the spec but some things are expensive

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got an 8400 at the moment with an X850XT, 2 Gigs Ram, 250GB Drive and DVDRW - sometimes Dell have deals on which are ridiculously cheap. I wouldn't normally touch a non self built one, but this was cheaper than I could have made one up for at the time. If you do go for a dell, I'd reduce the warranty down to 1 Year as that can save a fortune (after a few years a component will be pennies to replace!).

tek

Reaction score
If you have a family member or friend you know who can build PCs then I'd look into building one. At the top end of your budget you could get something very powerful. Look into it, you will save a fair amount building a PC your self.

Reaction score
yea i heard a little trick if you go under dell and go to small buisness section you can sometimes get deals and just make up a buisness a little tip for some folks :D

Ask a Question