Windows XP burned audio cd wont play at all!!

Reaction score
i burned my mp3 files into a cd-rw
i have a liteon DVD/CDRW combo
used nero 6. after creating the cd i tried it on my discman and it would not work. thinking it could be just my discman i tried it on my stereo and still wont work. but when i played it on the PC and it worked.
well im sure i started an audio cd project on nero 6 so just to be sure twice a made another audio cd project and same outcome.
am i doing something wrong here?:confused:
pls help. nero 6 really cost me a lot and i would sure like it to work fine on my pc...
thanks in advance :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Are you sure both your discman and stereo can play MP3's? SInce some times there are cd players that cant play CD-RWs or other burned material.

Reaction score
i didn't burn mp3 files onto the cd. i had it convert to cda so it can play on my discman and stereo. well i tried a different software i borrowed from a friend (audio cd maker) and it worked.
i dont understand why it wont work if i use nero. im also thinking it could be the media but i tried it twice and used the same cd type(imation black).:(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The bottom line for CD-R media
1. When the data or music's important, use certified media from a major manufacturer that makes its own discs. Otherwise, go with the cheapies to save money.
2. Designer colors are fine, but make sure the media is rated to match the top speed of your recorder.

3. Buy discs with a gold reflective layer if you're archiving. There's a debate as to whether gold is actually superior, but better safe than sorry. Use discs with a silver reflective layer for the best compatibility with older drives and players.

4. Use jewel cases to store your CD-Rs, forgo labels when possible, use only specially formulated CD markers to label your CD-Rs, and keep your CD-Rs out of the sun and extreme temperatures.

;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
At what speed did you burn the disk? If you burned them at very high speed (higher than 8x) than most of the stand alone players cannot negotiate that and would not play. Disks burned at high speed almost invariably play in the computer's CD Rom/writer.

Reaction score
You will find that discmans, especially the older ones, dont like CD-RW's... Try a CD-r and it should be fine.

Reaction score
sorry just got back from a trip.

thanks evryone i think i fanally got it going now:blush: . i used just cdr instead of cdrw and it worked. dont know why it wont work with cdrw:confused: .
ei muckshifter you really do know a lot. thanks for the advice:)

Ask a Question