Burger Anyone?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
1. A woman has been taken to hospital after eating horse meat burgers. Her condition is said to be stable.
2. Is it only the mini-burgers that contain horse meat? You know, the horse d'oeuvres.
3. Are you in favour of horse meat in your burgers? Yea or Neigh?
4. A Tesco burger walks into a bar and says "Pint please". "I can't hear you" says the barman. "Sorry" replies the burger, "I'm a little bit horse".
5. Those Aldi horse burgers were nice, but I prefer My Lidl Pony
6. Scientist: "Sir, we've discovered horse meat in your burgers." Tesco boss: "Why the long face?".
7. There was an old woman who swallowed a horse, she'd been to Tesco, of course.
8. I really hope they launch a steward's inquiry into the Tesco horse meat scandal. We must find out hoof to blame.
9. Horsemeat has been found in Tesco Products but a spokesman says it's all *******s.
10. I get all my horse meat from an independent dodgy butcher.
11. Has anyone tested Tesco's veggie burgers for uniquorn yet?
12. 29% of the meat content in Tesco's hamburgers turns out to be horse. No wonder they gave me the trots!
13. Horse meat in Tesco burgers: it's been in there fur-a-long time!
14. Best burger recipe: mince meat, garlic powder, paprika, fresh herbs, an egg and fine diced stallions ... I mean ... scallions.
15. Two Tesco burgers please.. hold the dressage.
16. Just found some out of date horse meat burgers... and they're off!
17. I got fired from the meat factory because I got an e-mail about a delivery of horse meat and I marked it as spam.
18. Apparently there's a poll of Tesco's customers to find their opinions on horse meat ... conducted of course by Gallup.
19. So horse meat has been found in Tesco burgers. What's next? Traces of zebra in barcodes?
20. Tranquillisers: every little helps.
21. You can lead a horse to the industrial size meat grinder, but you can't sell him in Tesco.
22. Good thing about these horse puns is it's stopped all the sick Jimmy Saddle jokes.

:D Doesn't take long, does it?

Reaction score
Sorry but as I'm a veggie i find this all very funny!!:p
Their you are buying your burgers, eating them & their not all beef, but some added extras!
This time it's horse, plus all the other crap that goes in to them as well, the stuff that's allowed!!

And i went veggie back in the 80's when beef & lamb was poorly managed by many.
Working in the agricultural industry you soon saw how some abattoir's were dealing with it.
And even some farmers were letting ill or unfit animals go for slaughter too!
These days it's normally a lot safer to eat, well until recently that is!!!!

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
... it's horse, plus all the other crap...

Horse ≠ Crap

Satelliteblobcolurldatablobkeyidblo-2.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I can't see what the fuss is all about, you gonna eat one dead animal what does it matter if you munch on another animal as long as it's safe and it tastes ok. The French and other nations have been feasting on Dobbins for ages, they love a bit of Black Beauty and Red Rum, but there again they also like snails a lot which is basically a slug without a shell.

You eating cow, pig, chicken, duck, sheep, Bambi, why not horse? Or cats and dogs for that matter, a dead animal is a dead animal, if it nutritious, get stuck in.

I went veggie for six years, '96 to '02 but after marriage ended got craving for bacon sandwich so have been a born again carnivorous beastie ever since. Why did I go veggie? No problem with eating slaughtered animal flesh but did get scared of mad cow disease, battery farming, veal farming and slaughter practices. But mostly mad cow disease, I'm quite mad enough as it is thank you.

So, how did I feel surviving on pasta, cheese and lentils? (yes, I ate dairy products, there are limits). More energy, oddly enough, and my food digested a lot quicker.

A veggie diet is good but it does sometimes become problematic when dining away from home.

In the meantime I'll have the equestrian special with a side order of sweet potatoes with garlic and fresh broccoli, thank you :)

Reaction score
I am a carnivore so will eat most meat, if hungry enough all meat. I think there are two issues here though (1) Religious, because some products had pig in them and (2) The fact it was horse or pig was not on the packet and the retailers did not know that the products contained horse or pig. What else do they not know what is in their products which is not on the packets, so where is the quality control.

:drool:Personally I enjoy horse meat with sweet potatoes, garlic and fresh broccoli :drool:

Last edited:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
These days it's normally a lot safer to eat, well until recently that is!!!!

Nothing unsafe about eating horsemeat. I tried it once in France and found it delicious.

IT'S ALL IN THE MIND. :D

Reaction score
I'm sure in the past we've all eaten it and not even known about it

Long as its cooked properly and looks/smells good don't think it bothers me

I would have some reservations however about eating some more of the weirder choices like Brain or the nether regions of animals

Reaction score
:D
I’m recovering after eating a Tesco burger. I’m stable now. I’ve had the trots, but after overcoming a few hurdles, I’m odds on to make a full recovery.:lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
All these comments are becoming a pain in the ass. :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice choice Mr Urmas, I'm a fan of Christy Moore, I have the album that came from on vinyl and have seen him perform several times, the most notable being at Greenwich Town Hall mid-eighties.

Ok, as you all were, puns a go-go... ;)

Ask a Question