Budget PC & XP or Vista?

Reaction score
I was thinking of spending a good amount of money on a new pc, but decided that Vista is troublesome and that Microsoft are releasing a new version in 2010 so may as well wait for that one.

I'm thinking of getting this pc:

http://www.cube247.co.uk/?customise=33

It looks decent..advice appreciated

I was also thinking of replacing the Vista with Windows XP as the option is there

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what are you wanting the PC for ?

as it is that PC will be fine for internet and office work and would probably be ok with DVD playback but its by no means a powerhouse

also i'd put XP Pro on it or upgrade the CPU if you want vista

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
what are you wanting the PC for ?

Basically, the pc i have at the moment is not allowing me to do much. I've had it for nearly 10 years. Its got virtually no memory. So I do have an option to get a larger disk drive inserted. However, then I am going to have to pay for the product and its installation. Also, its got a CRT monitor. TFT would help

as it is that PC will be fine for internet and office work and would probably be ok with DVD playback but its by no means a powerhouse

I would use it for assignments, downloading music files, and burning cd's and thats it really

also i'd put XP Pro on it or upgrade the CPU if you want vista

Upgrade the CPU? Why..is the standard one poor?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the current CPU listed is a budget one, personally i'd upgrade it to the E4400 for £50 especially if you're gonna stick with Vista

as a side note, i can't believe they charge you £50 to get XP Pro put on it !!

Reaction score
BourneSupreme said:
I was thinking of spending a good amount of money on a new pc, but decided that Vista is troublesome and that Microsoft are releasing a new version in 2010 so may as well wait for that one.
1. How much are you spending ££££?
2. Why wait until 2010 go for Vista now.
3. By 2010 MS will have at least 1 more new O/S in the pipeline!

Reaction score
feckit said:
1. How much are you spending ££££?
2. Why wait until 2010 go for Vista now.
3. By 2010 MS will have at least 1 more new O/S in the pipeline!

I think you're 3rd point answers your second question.

Or shall I just upgrade the memory component on my current pc?

Ask a Question