BT Voyager 220v ??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
A friend has offered me one of these
BT Voyager 220v

Would it be better than my Linskys BEFSR 41 four port router and seperate BT Voyager 190 modem , and will it be easy to set up ?? Would help tidy my desk up and use one less powepoint if it would be ok .
nod.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I found this link on the router but am having difficulty understanding the instructions . Also its a ADSL router is that compatible with my AOL home broadband ??

user.gif

I know some of my questions sound dumb but there is only me and my pc and its a hard learning curve and I get pretty confused at times reading stuff up on the net .

:confused::D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
there is no such thing as a dumb question ... only dumb answers

No, it should work fine ... try it before you buy it. ;)

A word, don't be tempted to use the USB connection, although it should work fine, it's just a bugger to "diagnose" if there is a problem.

If you have more than two PC/laptop that need connecting then you is gonna need a Hub/Switch as well, 'cos that BT Router only has one USB & one Ethernet connections. Been tripped up on that one myself, but I have a cheap 8 port Hub anyway. :thumb:

Do not be tempted to use both Routers, you are gonna pull your hair out, one will need "fixing" to get it to work as a Hub.

oops ...

This product is designed for BT Business Broadband only and will not work with any other broadband service.
ah, now then ?? http://www.shop.bt.com/invt/car116

Not sure if that is a genuine statement from BT, or just a sales ploy ?? I think it's a sales ploy ... if your "friend" is using it, ask him if you can try it out first. :thumb:

oh, and your existing 190 IS an ADSL modem. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Cheers muckshifter , Its brand new so it should be ok , still in its shrink wrap . Its not a sales ploy I found this link , the one I forgot to put in my last post ,

http://www.route2030.co.uk/BT-Voyager-220v/

An I'm definitly not gonna have more than 2 pc's , most def not , not , not , but thanks for the offer . Been very busy researching all sorts and me brains fried and to top it all I missed the bargin graphics card that some lucky/fast moving forumite got in flop's sale . Life , don't you just love it . :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah, right, now then ... I say no more. ;)

:user:

A bit silly of BT to miss a sale locking this Router to their own service ?

Ask a Question