BT Moan

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I am feeling really hacked-off with BT. Last Sunday, late afternoon, we received a call from 08009 889546 and got a sales pitch from the caller, who was basically inviting us to change our BT Call Plan. I would have politely said no and hung up, but hubby is even more polite than me, so he listened to the blurb about having free 0800 calls etc. (well duh, don't we all get them already?) then he agreed to the change being made. She said it wouldn't be done until the following Wednesday.

Afterwards, I checked up on the BT website, and found that we would be tied in to a yearly contract - which we did not want or need. So hubby got back to them next morning and asked the nice Asian lady to please cancel and let the old plan stand.

She went into another sales pitch - of course - but this time the hubster was adamant that we did not want to change! He also brought up the question of the contract which she said she was "just about to mention" (oh yeah :rolleyes: ) It ended with her agreeing that all would remain unchanged.

So, surprise-surprise... this morning's mail has brought us a nice letter from some twit at BT who cannot even write a legible sig, welcoming us to the new ******* plan! :mad:

I have just left a complaint on the BT website - for all the good that it will probably do. But don't mind admitting that I feel pretty angry - mainly because they cannot take NO for an answer, and treat folk as if they are 5-yr olds! ****** BT!!!
wallbash.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
IF you don't get a reply from them after a week write to OFTEL

Hi TXD, yes, that was my first thought too, however, when I checked out their website (just to bookmark a page in readiness, lol) I found this:

Ofcom does not investigate individual consumer complaints and we will not respond to you about your individual complaint. The information you provide below will help us monitor consumer issues, and we may investigate a company if monitoring data reveals a particular problem. However, please do not ask Ofcom to pursue individual cases. Instead you should make a formal complaint to your provider or complain to its Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service if your provider cannot resolve your concerns. The ADR scheme may be able to take action on your behalf.

Ofcom

So I guess it would be back to good old Trading Standards - if need be, that is. :)

Edit: Woops, sorry TXD, I just re-read that, I shall go and take a look at Oftel - thank you for that (duh... who needs another eye test then!! :lol: )

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
0800 800 150

Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 8pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm

Calls to 0800 numbers are free from a BT line. If you need to call us from abroad, you can reach us on +44 179 359 8718; the cost of the call will depend on which country you are calling from. All calls made to BT or from BT may be recorded to help us give you a better service.

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.c...,1002,827&p_param=p_afd_subject=Cancel/change my (e-mail address removed) Cancel&p_afd_cat_lvl1=345&p_afd_cat_lvl2=350&p_afd_cat_lvl3=&p_source=helpandsupport

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you Mucks, that is the number we used to cancel on Monday morning, but doesn't look as if the cancellation was implemented. :rolleyes: In my complaint email (left on their own web page, I have ticked the option that we would prefer to be contacted by email - my thought being that we can keep a printed record, if need be.

I know it is not a huge issue, compared to other more important things, but it irks me to think that if we decided to switch telephone providers, BT could now make a charge for the remaining contract period. Most of the "Plan" is of no use to us anyway, we rarely make calls to mobiles from the landline and certainly don't text. (Okay, so I'm a dinosaur, but I like to let me fingers fly over a keyboard, not fiddle faddle about with a tiny key-pad :lol: ... might feel differently if I had a phone like V_R's nice new jobbie. ;) )

muckshifter

Reaction score
I have the "basic" phone package, it once nearly got me worked up with BT thinking it was me Internet package ... I still get confused as I also don't need anything more than a phone to make phone calls.

I use my mobile to phone other mobiles and always will. :D

Good luck with the emails. ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yup Mucks, that is pretty much what we have here too (only not BT internet) we don't need all the "extras" either.

We just received a call from BT regarding my email complaint. The upshot is, they apologised and have reinstated our original (basic) plan. No contract, no charges. We are happy bunnies again. Oh, and I asked her to confirm it in writing... and it has just come in to my inbox now. Result! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good luck taffycat.

I just got my phone bill.

I've never had a plan.

It seems I do now :confused:

The only thing I use my BT line for is the internet and the occasional 08 number as it's a little cheaper from a BT line than my mobile.

I shall be giving them a call.

I also noticed they charge me for the 'privilege' of not paying by direct debit.

muckshifter

Reaction score
... they charge me for the 'privilege' of not paying by direct debit.
Save a tree, and save the world. :nod:

But don't forget to print off the bill for your own records. ;)

:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

You modern folk ! Whats wrong withthe old ways.
laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 436

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: Yay! Let's start a campaign to bring back pigeon post!! Not only would deliveries be more efficient, you'd get a pet too! :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
:lol: :lol: Yay! Let's start a campaign to bring back pigeon post!! Not only would deliveries be more efficient, you'd get a pet too! :D

Or dinner :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Nooooooo! :eek: you cannot start cooking the pets! It's not right! Go and munch on a carrot per-lease! :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Nooooooo! :eek: you cannot start cooking the pets! It's not right! Go and munch on a carrot per-lease! :lol:

I'd only roasts the ones thta brought junk mail
laughingsmiley.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Another update

This wee moan came back to haunt us today, when I checked our online bill.... Guess what? Yup, BT had made a so-called "one off" charge of £106.52 (in addition to our normal calls/line rental, etc.,) for our calling plan "order"..............aaarrrgh! :wall:

So, we have just spent a total of 40 minutes on the phone with these dear people, trying to sort it all out. They apparently have ... after a fashion. :rolleyes: They have agreed that the additional £106.52 was a "mistake" so the bill will be adjusted - but, for some convoluted reason, they plan to suspend our regular direct debit payments for the next three months and ask that we make the payments "manually" until November! What?????

To say that I am hacked-off with them is putting it mildly. However, in all fairness to the gent in India, who took the call, he was very helpful and courteous.

I wonder what they will do next..... Watch this space :cool:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
ooooooooooooh you could just strangle them couldn't ya, there cock up and its you that has to cough up..
Good job you had the money in the account or the missed DD payment would have been about £35 bank charges..

These things make my blood boil, you didn't even want the bl**dy service in the first place as you were talked into it by a pushy salesperson..:mad:

Reaction score
OUCH!!!

And I am watching them to, totllay fed up with their cr*p...
I get a bill every month for the totaal of the calls I made that month. Then every 3 months I get a bill for line rental and BT Vision, which always includes the next 3 months in advance. These bills I get to pay myself at the PO or wherever. Then every 3 months I get a bill for my Broadband, which apparently can only be paid by Direct Debit, which doesn't bother me, as I prefer it that way and would like the whole lot set up that way monthly, not tri monthly. And BT sick at taking direct bebit, they tell you it is going to come out on a specific day, then take it out a week before, which can be sh*te as thee may not be funds ther, then the bank charges you 35 notes for some or other cr*p.
Right I need a stiff Jack Daniels now...
wallbash.gif

Ask a Question