BT Fusion

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I looked at this before, its a great idea - I would go for it if I had BT Broadband :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I looked at this before, its a great idea - I would go for it if I had BT Broadband :thumb:
I have ... I have also looked at all the "rave" reviews ... there are none ... I found a lot of negative feedback ... :rolleyes:

Been pondering over it for a couple of months as my old phone is just about knackard ... and I get 3 months free internet. :D

Cheap way to go WireLess too ... must be my Scots blood. :cool:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
What are they moaning about in the feedback then Mucks?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Here is one from the "glad rag" ... I don't take much notice of this websites writings. ;)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/15/btfusion_launch/

There are a couple of more recent "reviews" but they too think it will be a flop.

Me ... I don't really care ... I need a new phone, and I use my phone to "talk" to people, and I get a little new toy to play with, a wireless modem. :D

Just was interested in seeing if anybody else had BT Fusion. :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well s*d the rest of 'em Mucks - you get a new mobile and a wireless router, so who cares what they think? :p

muckshifter

Reaction score
Arrived today ... plugged it all in ... rebooted Linux ... and here I am. :D

Can now use 10 PCs wearilessly ... I just have to get 10 more PCs. :cool:

ReadingTFM waiting for the phone to charge-up, so as to have a play with the phone aspects of the thing.

Neat little Charger/Data cradle with this kit ... Dammed if I can find my "Moto Phone Tools" CD to copy all my data off my old phone ... :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I use Skype it is brilliant and I am very happy and free. I talk to people all over the world for free.
icon7.gif
icon7.gif
icon7.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
Update

OK ... update for you all

Been having problems ... the Fusion Modem keeps disconnecting ... it ain't my kit or the BT Line that is at fault ... nice to have an 0800 # ... so they are sending out another modem. :D

Won't get it till Wednesday. :(

I may just plonk the Trust back in and leave the BT one in the box ... after all, I only got the thing for the Free phone & three months free Internet. :D

Dammed annoying though.

Reaction score
good, bad or crap

so is it worth going for then? i'm moving soon and will have a bt phone at my new place. always erm, good to see other people test things before i commit to a new thing;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
so is it worth going for then? i'm moving soon and will have a bt phone at my new place. always erm, good to see other people test things before i commit to a new thing;)
Depends ... if you can get NTL ot Telewest then go for them ... they are true BB

I can't get them, so chose who would give me what I needed ... BT Yahoo were the only ones here (Southport) that offered 2Mb DL (which is a max here anyway) ... price was cheaper than I was paying before and I also needed a Phone. Not had any problems since I signed up in June 05, until yesterday and today. :thumb:

Always "shop around" for the best deal ... just an added bonus for me with this BT Fusion thingymebob anyway.

I still my just leave the Fusion modem in the box and put my old Modem back in ... ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
NEW update ...

Just put the old router/Modem back on ... and ... everything is back to "normal". :D

... and I think I'll keep it this way. ;)

Reaction score
fusion

muckshifter said:
I just ordered it :D

... anybody have/use this ... care to comment.

http://www.btfusionorder.bt.com/default.aspx

you will have to excuse me this forum is new to me ,in short i have been with bt fusion for 12 mths and there telephone no is on family & freifriendsey have just replaced it with a new hub ,i still have the same problems ,they say it is a new system and i have to be patepatient now give up after 12 mths , kimbo

Reaction score
suggest if you need help you start a new thread, this one is nearly a year old.

oh and welcome to the forum.

Ask a Question