Browser window problem

Rick Longbrake

After visiting a website that caused my IE browser window
to move around on my display I find that my browser
window is now set up such that when I maximize it the top
of the window is displayed near the bottom of my screen
and the rest of the window is off the screen at the
bottom. I am not able to drag the browser window up to
occupy the full screen. If I close IE and re-start it the
problem persists. If I re-boot my PC the problem
persists. Can you give me some advice on getting IE back
to a normal configuration where the maximized window
occupies the full screen of my monitor.

Note: the site that caused the problem was
http://www.gwbush04.com/touchscreenvotingdemo.html

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Regards,
Rick Longbrake

Don Varnau

Rick,
Try:
With only the affected window open (and the taskbar NOT set to autohide)
grab the top of the taskbar and pull it up to twice its normal height. Then
close the window, resize the taskbar, reopen the window.
Or
With only that window open, right click the taskbar and choose "tile
vertically" (horizontally should also work.)
Or (a registry edit)
Q194759 - New Internet Explorer Window Opens Partially Off the Screen:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q194/7/59.asp

Other possible fixes at http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm
and http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6

Don

Don, thanks for the help. That seems to have worked.

Regards,
Rick

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

.