Projection problem

Reaction score
My projector used to show full screen, but after tv sets was also installed, my projector does not show full screen again though the resolution of my projector and desktop are the same, at least 25% of display is last from the right and bottom of projector

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Any chance you can attach a photo of the problem please, as the way the missing part of the image looks may help identify the problem (i.e. related to the PC or the projector).

Which operating system are you using? Windows 10?

Reaction score
I'm using Windows 8

Attachments

• 15846213337076490052699779978948.jpg
    15846213337076490052699779978948.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the aspect ratio of the display match that of the projector/screen? Or, is some of the projected image actually missing?

Reaction score
Does the aspect ratio of the display match that of the projector/screen? Or, is some of the projected image actually missing?
I think some of d projected image is missing because it hides some characters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's interesting. Do you have any other input sources (TV tuner, etc...) that you could test with to see if the fault is with the projector? For example, if the projector has a menu system is any of that missing part of the display too?

Reaction score
That's interesting. Do you have any other input sources (TV tuner, etc...) that you could test with to see if the fault is with the projector? For example, if the projector has a menu system is any of that missing part of the display too?
Yeah, I already checked... It's not from the projector at all, it's working fine... I guess it's from my desktop

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you connecting via an HDMI cable? What happens if you manually change the resolution to something different, does the rest of the image appear (even if downscaled).

FWIW, if you're using Windows 8 it may be worth doing a free upgrade to Windows 10, as there is hugely improved compatibility for things like this.

Reaction score
Are you connecting via an HDMI cable? What happens if you manually change the resolution to something different, does the rest of the image appear (even if downscaled).

FWIW, if you're using Windows 8 it may be worth doing a free upgrade to Windows 10, as there is hugely improved compatibility for things like this.
Yeah, I'm using HDMI cable. When I change the resolution to something different, only the characters moves but the blank space still remains. That blank space does not change.

What if I don't want the windows 10?
I just want something dat I can do to remove the blank space that's all. If I can do dat, I should b satisfied

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not seen this sort of problem before, so I'm not sure what to recommend - I'd try a different laptop as a test just in case. That should at least confirm it's a software issue.

Reaction score
I've not seen this sort of problem before, so I'm not sure what to recommend - I'd try a different laptop as a test just in case. That should at least confirm it's a software issue.
Ok

Thanks for your time

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'll keeping thinking on this :).

Ask a Question