Bootvis wont start - Entry point not found.

Davie Walling

Cn anybody out there help me with a problem that I and a
few others judging by some of the newsgroups are having
with Bootvis.
I am trying to run Bootvis V 1.3.37 on XP Pro, When it
tries to start I get the following error message.
BootVis.exe - Entry point not found.
The procedure entry point WmiOpenWithCursor could not be
located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.
I have tried reinstalling Bootvis, and located the relevant
dll, all to no avail.
If anybody out there can help, please accept my thanks.
Davie Walling.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please note that Bootvis.exe is not a tool that will improve boot/resume
performance for end users. Contrary to some published reports, Bootvis.exe
cannot reduce or alter a system's boot or resume performance. The boot
optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows XP.
These routines run automatically at pre-determined times as part of the normal
operation of the operating system.

Ref: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/platform/performance/fastboot/BootVis.mspx

--
Carey Frisch