Bluetooth

Shawn

I am running WinXP with Service Pack 2 installed. I have
purchased a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Bluetooth. I
have the transceiver plugged into a powered USB port (the
blue light on the transceiver is on), however, I have no
icons anywhere for Bluetooth...not on the control panel,
desktop...anywhere. I have read numerous articles about
how to troubleshoot this...the problem is they all involve
steps that require going into the bluetooth settings under
control panel. Bluetooth support seems to be missing
completely from my install of xp. Any ideas would be most
appreciated.

Richie

Did the mouse come with software? Rather than lettings
windows use it's drivers, use the software disk. I have
read in some forums there are recommendations to actually
unplug all plug and play devices such as USB printers web
cams keyboards and mice when installing SP2.

It did come with an installation disk...but it wasn't
compatible with SP2...so I downloaded the latest
intellimouse software from microsoft and it works fine.
During the setup it says the mouse will not work until
configured from withing the Bluetooth Devices section of
Control Panel...problem is I don't have a Bluetooth
Devices icon to open...also it says to manually run
bthprops.cpl which should open the same screen...when I
run it it does nothing. I also noticed that when I
plugged the transceiver in USB it does not get recognized
at all...I know the port works since I unplugged another
device from that usb slot which was working fine.

BarCom

Does the mouse show up in the device manager? Does your system support USB
2.0 or just 1.1? Is the mouse defective? Try plugging it in to a different
computer. Sorry I can't help much here, but I have no use for Bluetooth.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Shawn,
Try running hardware detection. The system is not detecting the
transcevier that is plugged into the USB hub.
Since the Bluetooth Transciever is not detected Bluetooth is not installed,
so the icons do not appear.
Have you tried plugging in the Bluetooth Transceivor directly into a USB
connection?
When you do so, do you get notification that new hardware is detected?
You should see notification that new hardware is found.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Trevor Baker

I am in the exact same boat. Several devices are appearing correctly in the
device manager, and I see that bthprops.cpl is listed as a resource for the
"Microsoft Wireless Tranceiver for Bluetooth" device, yet it won't run when
executed via the Run command, and it doesn't appear in the control panel.

I have the following devices listed and apparently instaled correctly:
Microsoft Wireless Tranceiver for Bluetooth (5.1.2600.2180)
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (5.1.2600.2180)
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) (5.1.2535.0)
Bluetooth Device (PFCOMM Protocol TDI) (5.1.2600.2180)

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Trevor Baker

From: "Shawn" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Shawn" <[email protected]>
Subject: Bluetooth
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 19:21:12 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

I am running WinXP with Service Pack 2 installed. I have
purchased a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer Bluetooth. I
have the transceiver plugged into a powered USB port (the
blue light on the transceiver is on), however, I have no
icons anywhere for Bluetooth...not on the control panel,
desktop...anywhere. I have read numerous articles about
how to troubleshoot this...the problem is they all involve
steps that require going into the bluetooth settings under
control panel. Bluetooth support seems to be missing
completely from my install of xp. Any ideas would be most
appreciated.

Trevor Baker

figured it out. I previously had a wireless multimedia keyboard and mouse
combo. I had the most recent intellitype and mouse software, and assumed I
could just unplug the old gear and plug in the new bluetooth stuff. Seems
that windows was confused over just what it should be doing. I stumbled
onto this by removing all the registry keys listed in the following kb
article, and noticing there were keys for the old wireless keyboard.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811805

Hope this helps someone,
Trevor

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello Shawn,
Try running hardware detection. The system is not detecting the
transcevier that is plugged into the USB hub.
Since the Bluetooth Transciever is not detected Bluetooth is not
installed,
so the icons do not appear.
Have you tried plugging in the Bluetooth Transceivor directly into a USB
connection?
When you do so, do you get notification that new hardware is detected?
You should see notification that new hardware is found.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights