Bluetooth headset & audio in Windows

Michael Taylor

I've paired a bluetooth headset (normally used for a mobile phone) with my
WinXP Pro system (with SP2 installed). The headset is a Sony Ericsson
HBH-60. I'd like to use for audio conferencing using Windows and MSN
Messenger. Although it's paired, it shows no services available. Is it
possible to configure it as a speaker and microphone source in the audio
applet of the control panel?

Thanks
Mike

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Michael,
Not with the Bluetooth that ships with Windows XP SP2. You will need to
find another Bluetooth stack that supports the audio service.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Michael Taylor

Darrell, thanks for the information.
regards
Mike

From: "Michael Taylor" <mike@(nospam)mtcs.ltd.uk>
Subject: Bluetooth headset & audio in Windows
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:11:35 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

I've paired a bluetooth headset (normally used for a mobile phone) with my
WinXP Pro system (with SP2 installed). The headset is a Sony Ericsson
HBH-60. I'd like to use for audio conferencing using Windows and MSN
Messenger. Although it's paired, it shows no services available. Is it
possible to configure it as a speaker and microphone source in the audio
applet of the control panel?

Thanks
Mike

Mark

I have the same problem. I understand that it is because
XP doesn't yet support the bluetooth handsfree profile.
Does anybody know when support for this might become
available??